1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Shifting TMS equivalents

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by riv44, Oct 22, 2015.

1. riv44

riv44 Well known member

I haven't been here for a few weeks. My pain is remarkably better. However, I am having symptoms like GERD, plus dizziness at times. I do have a doctor's appointment coming up to check things out. But I am wary. I understand that shifting to GI symptoms is kind of classic TMS, but I need to know if there is a physical reason I'm not feeling well.
    I also lost agility during the months I was away from exercise. Have others experienced the GERD symptoms after pain resolved?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, riv44. You are bound to feel less agile if you have stopped exercising. That's very important to healing. I suggest you get back to some form of exercise, even moderate. You can find some good exercise videos on Youtube. I'm 85 and like the ones for seniors, sitting or standing.

It's great to hear that your pain has lessened.

GERD is a typical symptom of TMS. You need to relax your mind when you have any GERD. Practice deep breathing, live in the present moment,
    and laugh if you can. Laughing sends healing and calm to our head, body, and stomach.

It's good that you have a doctor's appointment to learn if you have any structural problem, but remember that many doctors do not know about or believe in TMS, that pain can be caused by our emotions. If he or she recommends meditation, try waiting a while for that and practice TMS techniques. Often, something structural may not cause pain.

Have you taken the Structured Educational Program? It leads us to discover the emotions causing pain and how to deal with them.

Dizziness is also a common TMS symptom and it means you need to realax more. There are some excellent videos on Youtube for relaxation.

Good luck at the doctor's. Keep believing in TMS and you will keep feeling better.

3. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Walt, good general thoughts. I have been back to the gym since Sept. and working out without restrictions as Dr Martinez said. I was not enamored of the SEP program, after the first few days, so I switched to Schubiner's book. I am doing some cardio dance like Zumba .Of course I will keep "believing" in TMS. As Sarno might say, it is not a faith program. It's just good medicine.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Or something. With TMS, the symptom imperative will make sure it's always something.

Until or unless I can truly be mindful and calm my chattering mind.

riv44 likes this.