1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Setback with fear/ Nausea and headache

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Avy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Avy

Avy New Member

Hi everyone! So in last month I was doing pretty good. There are a lot of positive things that happened because I started to living my life again. My major problem was pelvic pain and now the pain is not as bad as it was. I stopped worrying and thinking that there is something wrong. I got so optimistic and happy. I got better.

Unfortunately, I think that TMS found another way trying to break me. For the last few days I was getting occasional nausea and headache. It would come and go until yesterday. Since then it's a living hell. I feel really sick and my headache is moving around my skull and my GERD is saying hello again. I freaked out what's wrong with me and started literally shake from thinking about going to the doctor ( I really hate going to doctors from years of chronic pain and zero results). The funny thing is that I know this is TMS but again I'm so afraid. Before this my arm was really hurting for a day or two but I knew instantly that it's plain old TMS, did the mental work and the pain went away. But this is something that reminds me on a really bad period when the doctors after my surgery made a huge mistake and told me to go cold turkey off medications and I was feeling so sick and it left an ugly mark on me. I had similar periods of nausea, GERD and headache before and it would go away, but now it's really bad. Not to mention when I get scared I get more sick.

I tried feeling my emotions but I can't get through and I just wanna cry because I'm scared and lost. I had a lot of stresses last few weeks and I have to admit I was really putting pressure on myself concerning college and starting my own business. A lot has happened and maybe I didn't shake it off completely. What can I do in this situation? Any word of comfort or advice is welcomed :/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Take some Kaopectate for symptomatic relief, no need to suffer even if it's TMS. I just gave myself food poisoning from a creative popcorn recipe with rancid oil and garlic. Been in bed two day--the diarrhea and vomiting are REAL! Swigging Kaopectate and it's doing the trick.

3. Avy

Avy New Member

I'm so sorry Tom, hope you feel better soon! I had stomach virus 2 months ago so I can relate. I haven't heard of Kaopectate and not sure if we have it in our country. I realized that it's probably gastritis from all the stress and not eating regular. Haven't had stomach problems in a long time and probably will have to take it slow and rest more.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Avy,

Sorry you are feeling bad. If it is TMS it is best to not overthink it. Just accept that you feel badly right now, that it is TMS so it won't hurt you. Try to relax and pamper yourself. When you feel better look at the stresses and the pressure you've been putting on yourself. How can you change this?

Are you doing the SEP or other structured program? If so, just keep plugging away on it. If not, I suggest starting one. It helps to give structure to our TMS work.

Wishing you the best.......

5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Sending healing thoughts your way, Avy.

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Imodium is another one in pill form. Who is the group in your avatar?
    Cheers,
    tt/lsmft

7. Avy

Avy New Member

Hi Ellen! Thank you for your kind advice. I finished the SEP program months ago. The only thing I was doing that was helping was feeling my emotions and mindfulness meditation. I'm aware what's bothering me but not sure how to fix it. The first thing in the morning when I wake up is that I feel how my stomach is upset. I can feel through the day that fear gets to me and I get panic attack and feel much worse. I'm trying to tell myself that it's only TMS, don't know why my mind is not responding. It makes me really sad to see myself in this situation when I was doing so good.

Thank you Gigi for your thoughts, it's very comforting.

Tennis Tom, isn't imodium for diarrhea only? It's not the problem I am having right now. And it's Queen on my avatar :)