1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 SEP Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2BT4U, Feb 10, 2016.

1. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Today I'm being asked to write a post on how it's been going, and what apprehensions I may have....

First I must confess I haven't been fully dedicated in doing the program which more then likely has not been the right choice!....

All "was" good until we decided to put our house up for sale, had an offer then the buyers decided to back out...we also, put a offer on another house...stressed? Hell yes!

So since then I had different pain areas.... Pain in my cheek, nose, headaches, neck and shoulders.

Then yesterday we decided we would head to the mall... I really didn't want to go mostly because I do not like the crowds and for the first time in a while I was worrying about my legs if walking would start to bother me and start the pain up again! We got to the mail and it wasn't busy but my worrying about my leg pain did give me pain in not one leg but both! Ugh! I woke up this morning in pain, had it for most of the day!

It's hard to try and remember to talk to yourself and still manage your life events....

Then I'm coming up to my one year anniversary at the end of the month....for when all this back and leg pain started .... This has been playing on my mind and I'm totally scared to death of things starting all over again and getting major pain!

Thanks

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The house selling and buying would give anyone anxiety, but don't let it worry you. It will pass and soon you will be in a nice new home and can relax.

Try not to worry about getting pain while walking. Don't let it become a mental conditioned reflex. Send the worry away with deep breathing and reminding yourself that the pain is from emotional stress and is not structural.

3. ElizabethG

ElizabethG Peer Supporter

Sorry you are experiencing so much stress right now. I'm so glad that you are still posting and plugging away even if it doesn't feel like enough. You are learning with every step. It is sinking in, your brain is changing and you will see results.