1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 SEP program helpful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

What part of this program do you find the most helpful?

So far the educational links have been powerful. I've also found the TMS recovery program to be very beneficial as well. Hearing Alan Gordon's voice is very calming and stimulating. Also I've found articles so far from Howard Schubinar to be a source of inspiration. Although I'd like to stay around the forum to help other people I think its good to be away most of the day. I'll do the specific days program, journal, and make a post. I'll read a few posts, a recovery story and then leave for the rest of the day.

3 things I'm thankful for
    1) Employment.
    2) Buying tickets to a Marvel Live show for my kids in April.
    I know that has been something of a fear for me in the past two years. Committing money to future events while I could be stockpilling cash for the worst. Conquering fear.

3) Its Friday. No work for the weekend, and feeling ok with that. A lot of patients request eye exams for Saturdays but I've learned four years ago not to give in anymore. Just letting go of feeling guilty that I can't help everyone or please everyone's schedule. My kids constantly tell me they look forward to the weekend since Dad is around.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ryan,
    I enjoyed reading your post. You are seeing your fear, and not letting it run you. You have good boundaries around your practice. You appreciate your family, and children. You are using this forum for what you need, not hanging around being a "do gooder." You are taking care of yourself.
    Andy B

Ryan79 likes this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Ryan. I'm so glad the SEP is proving to be helpful. The nice thing is that you can tailor it to your needs, and do it at your own rate.
    Your boundaries sound like very healthy ones. I say go with what works!