1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 Self-care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by douggie, Jan 5, 2017.

1. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Sometimes TMS/PPD treatment is simply about learning to treat oneself more kindly. Working on self-care skills can be an important way to do this. Once you graduate from this Structured Educational Program, what would you like to do to show yourself the care that you deserve? Is there any self care that you would like to do today?

I'm going to continue surfing and begin caving. I want to make these a regular part of my week/month. Today, perhaps I can go on a hike.

ringette18 likes this.
  2. Alibumbayay

Alibumbayay New Member

For me, self-care will be doing all of the things I am currently unable to do because my sciatic pain is so intense! I want to practice regular yoga and meditation (I am starting meditation for the first time with this program), weightlifting, hiking, backpacking, cross-country skiing, and paddle-board (I have never been strong enough to lift the boards but I will be soon!) I also never travel because I am afraid of the pain from sitting in an airplane or car for long periods, so I'd like to do that. I will have to keep reminding myself that my body is strong enough to do all of these things, because I have been avoiding them for many years!

ringette18 and douggie like this.