1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 seeing light & encouraged

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by route66, Oct 6, 2012.

1. route66

route66 New Member

I see the light. I've had pain in facial areas, and then 10 years later in my feet, and then 10 years later in my lower back. I clearly see the emotional issues that I experienced in those times, and know i have repressed anger and other emotions, and I see most of my own overall personal temperament contributing to these pain issues. I am looking forward to this process, as like many others here, I have tried everything else (and everything else has had very little actual clarity of what the problem is or how to fix it).

veronica73 likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome! Sounds like you are on the road to recovery :)

3. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Welcome, Route66.

After 21 years of anxiety and chronic headaches and other pain without relief from trying more therapies than I can name, I realized than there must be some emotional component to my failure to get well. I thought it was a deep belief that I was "bad" and didn't deserve to get well. And so I began a daily meditation/yoga practice. That was a little over year ago. Then in February I found Dr. Sarno's books and it all clicked for me. The TMS personality type rang true for me in every area.

I'm glad you found this forum! :)