1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Seed of hope

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by La Boheme, Feb 26, 2023.

1. La Boheme

La Boheme Newcomer

I finished the Alan Gordon pages yesterday after googling TMS via The Pain Cure clinic.
    I believe in TMS but hadn’t heard it named in this way. I believe in this theory and last week I ‘re-diagnosed’ myself ’. I told my new psychologist and she showed scepticism and I think I have to refrain from telling people like I usually do because I need all my strength to stay in my own belief and I don’t want anymore advice from anyone who doesn’t have my experiences.
    This is not new information to me, I guess I’m just ready to take it a step further and implement the strategies in a different way now that I’m both at a low point physically and mentally and because it’s becoming clear I am alone and exhausted after everything I gave to everyone else and ‘they’ aren’t going to change or ‘get it’ and life isn’t going to be ‘problem free’ so it’s up to me to live better now and fast or face a dismal and lonely future. I’m feeling constant discomfort and pain and huge anxiety and fear (for my son) and dread and have done for over 40 years and now I don’t want to be alive so I’m resting my seed of hope for a chance of peace here.

2. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Hi @La Boheme
    I don't know if you are french like me, but I also had a strange reaction of my psychiatrist... and then I stopped to see her to go deeply in the TMS work by my own. It is more intense and way more efficient. Maybe the therapist was good for me at the very begin, but for now, after years, there is no improvment. If you feel you can cope alone, maybe it's not a problem. But if you feel it's too hard, you will need someone else to help you very fast!
    I feel a lot of anxiety in your message. I also share same feelings, and something helps me a lot in parallel : this article of Dr Weekes : https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Overcome_Anxiety_with_Dr._Claire_Weekes (Overcome Anxiety with Dr. Claire Weekes)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum, @La Boheme - it certainly sounds like you have found the right place!

When I read your post I also had the thought, like @ChronicVince, that maybe it's time to find a new therapist. There is no excuse in this day and age for a mental health professional to dismiss the mindbody connection!

Here's something you might be able to bring to your next therapy session: there is a series of ten Yes/No questions called the ACEs test, where ACEs stands for Adverse Childhood Experiences. It's easy to answer the questions online here:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health...e-quiz-and-learn-what-it-does-and-doesnt-mean

In the meantime, as far as I know, based on the experiences of many people here over the years, it can't hurt to start doing the work on our forum!