1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Second time around.....

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Dahlia, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I discovered Dr. Sarno over a year ago, in November of 2013. I experienced amazing improvements after just a few weeks, after 6 years and 4 surgeries for back/leg pain. Once I understood the personality type I recognized myself and remembered my childhood asthma and allergies as well as IBS, migraines, hives, more allergies, (you get the gist) throughout my life. I went through the SEP, did the journaling, saw a therapist and life was good.

The last year has been much better but not perfect: I’d get a flare-up now and then but it would not last. Overall I was thrilled with the improvements in my quality of life. Then in September I encountered a “new” symptom of hip pain that brought me to a dead stop. I’ll spare everyone the details but suffice it to say that initially I was fooled into thinking it was a new problem but now I think I have it on the run by treating it as a TMS rerun.

After 3 months of this, FINALLY the last week has been improved. I finally am able to think about it as TMS. Really. For sure. (Isn't it amazing how convincing it can be? I mean I had been through all this before and nevertheless I fell for it!)

One of the things I did to cement my belief that it was TMS was to return to this forum. Reading everyone’s brave stories and postings has helped to convince me that the details of my story may be different but that I have been going through the same pattern, namely, TMS trying to take control of my life.

So I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate this forum and how much it has helped me – again. Your courage in posting your stories and willingness to spend time offering support has helped at least one person – me! I read your story and think, “Yup. That’s what happens to me, too!”.

AND it helps to know I’m not alone.

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dahlia. Your name is one of my favorite flowers and I have some growing in my backyard.

Your success story is fantastic, and thank you for posting it to share with everyone.
    There are some people in the Structured Education Program that still need to believe 100 percent hat their symptoms are TMS.
    I hope they read your inspirational story because it is more proof that TMS "Penicillin" works.

Dahlia likes this.
  3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Thanks for the encouraging words, Walt. I don't yet feel I have succeeded, though. Every day I have to work to keep my thoughts in order, especially since the pain is still quite persistent and does limit my physical activities. But at least I know that it resolved in the past so that gives me proof that it can resolve again.

And I love Dahlias, too!. They don't grow very well in my hot climate, but I fell in love with them when I visited Washington State. There are so many varieties and all beautiful.

Thanks for always being there for us, Walt, and I wish you an early spring up north there in my home town.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Dahlia,
    It is so nice to know we can help each other here with such ease. Bravo!
    Andy

Dahlia likes this.