1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sciatica, allergies

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Hiawatha922, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Recently, I have been having an increase in my symptoms: right leg sciatica, left temple sensation (tingling), left elbow tightness, swelling on the left side of my throat. Allergy symptoms have also increased, typical in August (Minnesota). Very frustrating.

Again, my mind tends to make this correlation between allergies and physical symptoms--they get worse seasonally and they show up at the same time.

I'm treating allergies with allergy shots. When I started the allergy shots, the left side of my throat swelled shortly after the first shot. This eventually decreased with subsequent shots when I took an antihistamine before the shot. Antihistamine though, strangely, aggravates the sciatica (it kind of enhances the numb feeling in my foot).

The physical symptoms are present year-round (exceptions are throat and elbow) but they all worsen when allergies get bad.

My tendency is to want to start looking for allergy/structural causes. I've done this many times in the past. I wish I could release some of this by processing emotions but I haven't made much progress yet.

The one thing I have accomplished overall is to slow/stop the frenetic search for a cause.

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015