1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Scared of getting vaccinated causing stress.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, May 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Misinformation is rife on social media.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. Balsa11

Antibodies are produced only in same cases and they go away after several months

NameK likes this.
  3. Balsa11

I was equally scared of both until I got the vaccine

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  4. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

it's fine whoever wants to take it and i do not try and talk anyone out of it. it's their choice. it just gets me when people talk about having "the REAL SCIENCE" when there is real science all over the place right now, contradicting the other. plus, has science ever been wrong? you still smoking those cigarettes the doctor recommended in the 50's? how about that ddt that was sprayed over virtually EVERYTHING that people still suffer the effects of. how about that cocaine in your coke that is SO good for you? even the earth was flat at one time. there are myriad examples. the second thing, and this is want triggered me about the post i replied to, is the virtue signaling. this "do it for others" thing is MEANT to trigger our "goodist" nature...don't be selfish...well, i just have to ask what sense ANY of this makes. if the shot protects me as well as you, then why the need for me to get it, when my intuition is telling me different (applies to all who think like me). same nonsense about the masks. i have never worn one. if yours "supposedly" protects me and you, why do you care if i am wearing one? if people would just stop trusting some "authority" that may not have our best interest at heart (lining their pockets - follow the money!), critical thinking is paramount. we have gotten lazy counting on the government to watch out for us. times have changed. this whole thing is a mess and just another way to turn us against each other. time will tell about this experiment. no point arguing about it now since none of us knows a damn thing. i can point to just as much "science" on this side of the issue and anyone can on the other.

Sita, PainNoMore and Tennis Tom like this.
  5. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

Yes and if everyone refused to wear the mask and refused the vaccine, we would be in a bigger mess.

Can the forum stop all these personal opinions on vaccine/mask/Covid, it is getting off topic of TMS and it is not the purpose of this forum. It is getting boring and frustrating to read.

Thank you

Balsa11 likes this.
  6. NameK

NameK Well known member

That wasnt my intention and i agree with you.

Thay being said i am still experiancing some joint pain after my first vaccination and ive been very anxious ever since.

Started getting pins and needles feeling today probably my anxiety but i cant relax with this joint pain. I hope this is temparary

7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

A friend of mine who has CRPS had a similar prolonged reaction to Pfizer vaccine. Took her a week, but it went away after a week.
    My coworker with the history of bronchitis and allergies was sick for a week after Moderna
    She is fine now.
    Your pins, needles and joint pain very well can be anxiety and TMS. Hang in there!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  8. NameK

NameK Well known member

I hope so i unfortunatly have been a wreck anxiety wise i cant stop reading about horror stories and bad reactions that seem simliar to mine. I asked some well known tms people for adivce and i havent heard anything yet

I cant relax because i dont know if this is tms or not and i regret getting it especially if this is true

https://www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210608/No-point-vaccinating-those-whoe28099ve-had-COVID-19-Findings-of-Cleveland-Clinic-study.aspx (No point vaccinating those who’ve had COVID-19: Findings of Cleveland Clinic study)

9. Rene100

Rene100 Peer Supporter

Thank you!!!!

10. Rene100

Rene100 Peer Supporter

Try not to panic...but do go to your doctor if your symptoms persist....

11. NameK

NameK Well known member

I have just have to wait it out i think it might be getting better but i dont wabt ti jinx it

12. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

@NameK, you’ve definitely been through a lot and I believe there’s a trend with antibiotics, ear drops if I remember correctly, now this vaccine, etc. It’s important to remember those trends!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  13. deafheaven

deafheaven Peer Supporter

Hey everyone,

Long story short I got the J&J vaccine on Saturday in order to keep my job . I really didn't want to especially because I was scared of side effects and my history with TMS.

I got the typical flu like symptoms, fever, dizziness, aches all over, nausea. But about 24 hours in I started developing this weird soreness in my right calf. I'm almost sure it's TMS because I was freaked out about the Thrombosis issues but it's still screwing with me.

I really don't want to get medicalized and need to relax. I'm still looking for clues to give me assurance it's TMS. Any advice?

14. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi deafheaven,

I think it might be helpful to know that at this moment you don't know whether this is vaccine-related or not. You essentially can't know this a day after the shot, and maybe for awhile.

So, knowing you don't know, but you notice that your mind is fearful, what can you do?

First, know that any mindfulness, reassuring, cognitive interventions can't hurt, and they are likely to help, regardless of the source of symptom. So by using a TMS-type approach, you're being attuned and kind to your body and your fearful parts.

You might start with kindness to yourself. "You're a little afraid right now, and you really don't know this is anything dangerous." You could say this to yourself many times, tweek it to make it right and comfortable and reassuring to you. You really don't know with any certainty anything about this sensation right now, right?

Use your breath to ground your experience in the now, as best you can. Great time to practice mindfulness!

Distract and move on to other things which get your attention ---neutral or positive the best. Avoid repeating your fears to others or yourself. Watch the fear arise, be kind, and "don't believe everything you think" when it comes to scary stories about the vaccine.

I hope some of these ideas might be helpful, but almost anything in the TMS realm which you're attracted to will probably benefit: journaling about emotions/stressors, thinking psychologically about this --eg you were afraid of the VAX, and now you're getting what part of you "expected," etc.

Andy

NameK likes this.
  15. NameK

NameK Well known member

Update : so I figured i would post on how I'm doing and I'm pretty sure my post vaccine symptoms were tms.

After about 2 weeks after my 1st once I relaxed and stopped worrying with fear etc the joint pain subsided.

Scheduled for my 2nd later this week and knowing what can happen as side effects that are typical for the first 24-48 hours and most things after that very well could be tms us reassuring for me.

Obviously not everything but I know rare side effects are intact rare for a reason and I shouldn't worry myself into getting them etc.

Again I think the reason why I had them was because of the dear surrounding it and how I read about the scary potential side effects (I probably shouldn't have)

As I definitely have given myself symptoms by reading about horror stories on other topics this would be no different.

I am speaking with my doctor tomorrow incase she recommends me not to get it but I don't see why she would at this point in time and I can't even say for sure that the joint pain is related

(atleast my left knee and foot aren't) but my fingers again I could have had that before abd the fact that it came and went screams tms to me

16. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Congratulations on being so brave and getting the vaccine!!!
    I totally understand the fear. After my first dose my back got badly inflammated and I was faibting from pain. Needless to say, I was terrified of getting the second dose. I was so terrified my back flare uped BEFORE the vaccine ha! I managed to get better enough to still go to the vaccine, Saturday also and using antiinflammatory and tons of mind body work hey, it did not get worse!!
    But in your case, I think you can get evidebce that it’s tms if it’s not constant 24-24 , 7-7, especially if you get a tiny break as you are distracted.
    Also, chances are it’s a bit too fast to get thombosis… and of course it’s SO rare you definitively have more chances dying in a car accident. In some places in the world the vaccine was removed because genetically, most of their population was predisposed to blood clots already so they might have gotten a bit more cases tgen in other countries. If you don’t have a huge blood clot history in your family I would not worry at all ++
    Hoping it can reassure you a bit ++wishing you to find evidence it’s tms soon :).
    And you need to listen to Alan’s Gordon podcast where he talks about his sister that told him he looked ichy and he started to itch for real… i get these tms all the time I understand!

17. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

@TrustIt i am very well informed about human rights but when you have a world pandemic going on and millions of people dying, we have to simply use common sense. I guess it’s your choice to be part of a global problem.
    I am hoping that the TMS forum can stop these discussions on getting or not getting vaccinated, it is not the place for personal opinion on Covid vaccination.

Balsa11 likes this.
  18. NameK

NameK Well known member

I agree about the choice part.

Everyone has their own choice/opinions on vaccinations and we should keep it at that.

I'm okay with talking about side effects after, or even long covid symptoms because those could be tms and people should know they aren't alone in that aspect.

19. deafheaven

deafheaven Peer Supporter

Thanks @Zuz and @Andy Bayliss

The soreness in my right calf has been moving around these past few days on and off, switched legs, and spread to the thighs and butt. I'm wondering now if it's not just muscle fatigue from the vaccine. At night it's been barely noticeable and starts aching after walking for a bit in the morning. I don't think that's how blood clots work. So it's either muscle response from the vaccine or TMS.

20. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

It’s great!! Definitively does not sound like a blood cloat !!! i am going to celebrate that for you over here youpeeee