1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 RSI

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by raphapr, Feb 18, 2019.

1. raphapr

raphapr Newcomer

Hi everyone, I'm starting the Structured Educational Program today.

I'm a 29 years old software developer and I believe that I have TMS, I MUST believe. My pain started 2 years ago when I got my first real job as a professional developer. Since then, I have painful RSI symptoms in my two hands. Specially in my left hand.

I read Mindbody Prescription book from Dr. Sarno four months ago. I feel kind of relief while I was reading it and I saw myself in many of situations descripted for Dr. Sarno. I'm very perfectionist and I have got RSI in a stressful moment of my life.

I have been learning how to control the pain through ergonomic stuffs (desk, keyboard, mouse, etc) and people always tells me that I will live with that for the rest of my life.

Are there others on here who have RSI? I would like to read success stories about it.

Thank you and I will appreciate any help.

Raphael.

cdub likes this.
  2. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

Hi Raphael,

Welcome to the forum. I recovered from RSI using Sarno approach 4 years ago. Mine was really bad, I couldn't drive, use computer, open the door.
    You can read my successful story in my profile wall.

Good luck, you are in the right spot. Do the program and be kind for yourself.
    See you around,

cdub likes this.
  3. cdub

cdub Peer Supporter

I have RSI. Carpal tunnel esque. Thoracic outlet esque symptoms. Wrist pain. Tingling. Bilateral. Elbow pain too. More recently my hands are extremely cold and I get burning back of right hand and tingling fingertips and sometimes parts of palm. Really tight shoulders too and pain on side deltoid area.

I've had some success in that my left hand is better by my right hand has seemed to have gotten worse.