1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

RSI or TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gbvenom, Feb 29, 2016.

1. gbvenom

gbvenom New Member

I was on the computer a lot back then but I soon found out about RSI which really scared me. Around that time I found out about PARCC which is a big test which will show your average of each class. This made me super stressed and in late October 2015, I got RSI. Using the computer became extremely painful so I barely touched the computer for a whole 4 months and it didn't get any better. During this month I found out about TMS and I feel I can now cure myself from what I thought was a lifetime disease. The chance of getting RSI is higher when you know about it and the pain experienced skyrockets when you are diagnosed with RSI. I still need to know a bit on how to recover from the RSI/TMS

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi gbvonen,

Welcome to this wonderful community of helpers. We've all been through hell here, and most are recovering or recovered.

We recommend you do the TMS Recovery Program at the Wiki, and the Structured Education Program also at the Wiki. Both programs are powerful ways to engage Dr. Sarno's work. They are free.

They build on the knowledge that you already have, and they also help you explore feelings which can help to alleviate TMS.

Forest, who started this site suffered from "RSI" which of course turned out to be TMS. Now he's fine. You're in good company!

Andy B

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, gbvenom. The subconscious is very clever and gives pain where it thinks it will hurt you most and often, in your case pain while at the computer. Lots of people complain of that. You may ahve been diagnosed with RSI but that doesn't mean it is structural. Most likely it is caused by one or more repressed emotions, and fear is one of them. The Structured Educational Program will help you to discover your harmful emotions and the pain will go away. TMS healed my severe back pain, when I journaled about my boy hood and my parents divorcing when I was seven. It left me with feelings of abandonment and insecurity which I held inside myself all my life. I was able to understand them better and forgave them. My pain went away after that.

Something recent may have triggered your repressed emotions.

4. gbvenom

gbvenom New Member

The pain was originally only in my fingers and hands. A few weeks ago I was asked if it spread to my lower arm and elbows. I said no ans 1 week later after touching the computer for less than 10 minutes a day, it spread to my lower arms and elbows. Then I was told that it thankfully hadn't spread to my shoulders and neck. Then 2 weeks later it spread to my shoulders and neck. I noticed that everything I was told happened depending if I used the computer or not.

5. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

This moving pain based on suggestions shows your mind is in control. Doesn't this help you embrace the TMS concept? And reject the unhelpful RSI diagnosis?

Boston Redsox likes this.