1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

rectum pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sofie, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sofie

sofie Newcomer

I have been having a lot of really bad pain in my rectum lately. A while ago, for a couple of weeks every time I had to bowel movement my rectum hurts a lot for the first two seconds (like it was way too tense) and on the toilet paper and in the toilet there was some blood. All of a sudden it was gone for a couple of weeks. Now it is back since a few weeks. I think I might have hemorrhoids or an anal fissure but don’t know which one (maybe both). Right now my bowel is just like it always is.

I have had a pretty serious TMS history, solving all kind of problems (plantar fasciitis, hay fever, allergies, back pain, etc) applying the TMS principles. Hooray!

I googled on anal fissure/hemorrhoids and TMS and there is quite people saying this is also TMS. I am quite convinced it might be since I have had so many TMS problems and I am kind of stressed out lately and don’t have any other physical problems so this might be the next substitute.

When I go to the toilet, although I really try to relax, the first two seconds hurt like hell. Then for 1 – 3 hours, it hurts zero to a little bit. Then in 1 -3 hours, it starts hurting really much until it is really excruciating and all-consuming for at least several hours. The fact that part of the second moment of pain is somewhat delayed, is the proof it is TMS?

Every time I have to go to the bathroom I am kind of terrified since I know it is going to hurt like hell soon afterwards. I’m sure this doesn’t really help me relaxing and makes me very tensioned, making it even worse.

Could anyone help me out with this? I’m in a lot of pain. Some questions:

1. How can I convince myself this truly is TMS?

2. Do you think that TMS causes the tension while being on the toilet, thus causing pain/blood on that moment or that TMS causes the (delayed) pain afterwards? Or maybe both??

3. How should I act on this problem?

2. Jennifer_K

Jennifer_K Peer Supporter

Blood = Doctor visit, IMO. Just to make sure it's nothing structural.

3. sofie

sofie Newcomer

Thanks for your advice Jennifer. I rather not see a doctor though since in my experience this generally makes complaints worse. I have been to the doctor with many problems which the doctor deemed "structural" and indeed lasted very long, and when the doctor said they were structural I also thought they were structural when in fact they were not, e.g. years of back pain, plantar fasciitis, years of bad hay fever, RSI, etc. The moment I stopped seeing doctors and treated them like TMS problems they went away. The moment I would visit a doctor again the doctor would look at it like a physical problem and I would believe the same, in that way feeding the problem with my toughts.

Something awesome happened; after posting this post, I went to the bathroom today and for the first day in a week there was no blood, no pain and no afterpain. I have to see what happens tomorrow but still...

4. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

As was stated. Blood=Doctor. Period.

As far as TMS, there is a condition with sphincter muscle spasms that seem to be quite common with TMS. Very painful for periods lasting to an hour in most cases. But....that does not cause blood.

5. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Oh yeah, I would get checked out if I seen blood for sure if it happens again.

Keep an eye on it.