1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Recognizing success

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by whofeelslove, Nov 23, 2015.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

Hello folks
    My my there was a time when it was impossible to actually get my head around how the real fight against TMS was actually won. I tried every possible part of Dr Sarnos work from education to emdr therapy to deep breathing, and sure I had some relief but not enough to cement my 100% belief. I just wasn't understanding why my symptoms in my leg would not go down and what part of the whole program was I missing? I was obsessing over the program and it would consume my entire day as I monitored my pain in relation to how I was doing. That was the problem folks. I was playing attention to the pain which is what TMS wanted me to do, until I got a break in the pain one day after standing up to somebody. After that and with some help from Alan Gordon's staff(Kristin Borella) I learned what I could do to help me cement my belief in the diagnosis 100% and slowly things are getting better and I can stand for hours now compared to before which was only about 20-30 minutes. I'm not out of the woods yet and the symptoms shift to my feet when I sit(I'm a trucker sitting all day) but I'm starting to pay less attention to the feet now. Also I have been central in converting my emdr therapist into a TMS therapist and she will be the only one in Wisconsin.. I'm on day 16 of the SEP and I'm going to continue it right through to the end.
    Thanx Ian

Judy66 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Whofeelslove. Your progress toward TMS healing is wonderful and an inspiration to everyone. You discovered the secret in healing... do not monitor the pain and believe it is caused 100 percent from TMS emotions or our perfectionist-goodist personality.

It's great that you can stand longer. And you know that when pain moves around, it means your subconscious is soon to stop the pain.

Keep us posted as you continue in the SEP. And Happy Thanksgiving. You have a lot to be thankful for. Everyone does.

Judy66 likes this.