1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Re-checking with doctors regarding allergies and muscle tightness?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Hiawatha922, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

My current symptoms primarily involve musculoskeletal pain: sciatica, hip tightness, and slight back ache. I've noticed a strong correlation between these pain symptoms and allergy season; seasons and weather both impact symptoms. I'm currently receiving allergy shots. My "traditional" allergy symptoms are much less intense now (as compared to childhood). What has become more intense and chronic is this physical pain.

About 8-10 years ago, I underwent numerous tests to identify the cause for these symptoms. Everything came back normal (except allergies). I'm wondering if it makes sense to go back to check-in with my doctor about all of this. Given that it's the start of June (with pollen counts high), I am experiencing quite a bit of pain right now.

My brother has psoriatic arthritis and allergies. I've often wondered about the possibility of an autoimmune disease...but I know that's moving away from a TMS mindset. I just struggle with knowing what to do.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

my feeling is that if any doctor can't find this link for you it's best to treat it with the TMS mindset instead of searching for or tying to find some kind of autoimmune cause as that seems like a rabbit hole you are not qualified to go down anyway. Also these symtoms are very common tms symptoms

Ellen and BloodMoon like this.
  3. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Thank you, Zeeman01. I agree with you about shifting to a TMS mindset instead of devoting so much energy to searching. Behind the searching is definitely anxiety. I just don't feel like I've been able to get to the root of TMS. It may be time to reread some of Dr. Sarno's material.

4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Problem is...doctors ALWAYS find something. Why do you think so many people have so many 'allergies'nowadays? I don't mean runny nose/air allergies.... ridiculous food ones, ridiculous micro-exposure ones. I had a lady tell me she was allergic to the pain I was using in her office. I hadn't even opened the can yet (LOL)...

If you have any pain, sensing it at a particular time is just as likely to be conditioning as anything else. That is a good idea to re-read Sarno.

peace