1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Random aches and pains..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Dec 16, 2016.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Hi

I am doing the structured educational program, day 5, and seem to feel some progress with my main problem, which has bee. Extreme pain when using my voice for over 6 months. The program said to post about any doubts I have. This is more of a question...

So like most people i have many little aches and pains, nothing serious, and mostly from certain movements. My left knee always hurts and twinges when I run. My left shoulder feels weak and Hurts a little when I play racket sports. My ankle gets sore from too much walking etc.

Now it's been this way for years, and it's annoying but in no way debilitating. I've talked to physios about it and they say I seem fine. So if I am accepting the TMS diagnosis for my throat and voice problem as I believe it is, then should do assume all these minor pains could be TMS too?

It would be nice to get rid of them, but I don't want to delude myself into believing I can be free of all pains forever!

Any insights appreciated

Thanks

2. thecomputer

Bump!

Has anyone got any idea about this?

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Robo,
    It is common to have one major issue and several minor ones.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS is the volume control for the pain.

5. RichieRich

RichieRich Well known member

robodelfy......when I was running heavily, even on my rest days it was common to see me with left leg limp, presumably from a tight rectus femoris tendon. For whatever reason, it was never a bother while running nor during normal or brisk walking and hiking. It just seemed to exist when there really was no reason for it to. It's just a normal thing for me. On some walks my right foot will be sore for a day or two afterwards, and other times I'm able to go for weeks doing walks and not have any issues.

I firmly believe that when we feel we're 90%-95% healed, we're basically normal. Normal people have aches and pains all the time, it's just a matter of how they perceive it and if they'll remember it.

Don't think completely healed.......think completely normal.

Ellen and Tennis Tom like this.
  6. thecomputer

Thanks for the reply.

I think youre right, and I'd be very happy with 90 percent! I just seem to have these ongoing things like a really weak feeling and painful knee during and after running, always the same. Same with my left shoulder for as long as I can remember. I have thought for so long that it must be structural it's hard to imagine it could be TMS

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

That's what the collective meme has been conditioned to believe, by the medical/industrial/walgreen's /fake news media complex--that, the body is weak--it is not--it's the mind that has been made weak.