1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

prolonged sickness, anyone have any experience with this????

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by brandonmosher, Jan 19, 2014.

1. brandonmosher

brandonmosher New Member

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with prolonged sickness due to TMS? I have suffered from all kinds of psychosomatic problems most of my adult life, typically involving back pain and various forms of tendonitis. I got sick a couple months ago (sinus infection) and just can't seem to get better, body aches and weakness mostly. I went to doctor and of course the are dumbfounded as to what could be wrong (especially after blood tests). It's extremely frustrating, to say the least. It is flu season so I suppose that's my only concern. If anyone out there has experienced anything like this please let me know. Thanks!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, brandonmosher.
    Welcome to the TMSWiki club. Most of us here have had multiple pain symptoms for months and even years.
    Most of us have suffered from severe, chronic back pain.
    It's typical that doctors can't find anything wrong with us physically.
    That's what led Dr. Sarno to the philosophy that our pain is not caused by anything structural but is caused
    by psychological factors due to what he calls TMS, a slight deprivation of oxygen to muscles or tendons in
    parts of our body that our unconscious mind creates because of our repressed emotions.

It would help you a lot to read Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain, and follow his advice for healing.
    You can get a copy for a few bucks at amazon.com books. You could also learn a lot about what's in the book
    and TMS by watching a video of the good doctor on YouTube. He tells what causes TMS and how to heal pain
    it causes. In a nutshell, you must believe 100 percent that your pain is caused by repressed emotions.

Here's the video:

I hope you will visit TMSWiki every day and look at the various forums, especially the one on success stories.

You've come to the right place. Everyone at TMSWiki wants to help each other.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Brandonmosher,

I think one of the things that is very hard for those of us with TMS (or even those with chronic conditions of any kind) to figure out is: what is our TMS or chronic condition, and what is an acute illness? It's very hard to tell when you have a "sickness" when you feel like crap all the time anyway. I feel your pain. I went through this a couple of years ago. I didn't know I had TMS back then, but I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, and had chronic nasal allergies. All my symptoms flared up, and I and my doctor just thought I needed to take higher doses of my medications. My symptoms continued to get worse and then one day I was too weak to walk up the stairs in my house anymore. Finally, my doctor ordered a CAT scan and found that I had a massive sinus infection. After being treated with antibiotics I improved. But only a doctor can figure this out. So I guess my advice is to continue to work with your doctors until you are convinced you don't have a sinus infection anymore. Get a second opinion if you need one. But if all medical tests are coming back clear, then that is often a sign that our symptoms are due to TMS. Perhaps seeing a doctor that specializes in TMS would be helpful.

And welcome to the forum....

Anne Walker likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I have experienced your symptoms for sure -- id recommend to go by DR. Sarnos suggestions in the Video above and you should be fine. Get Started here at the SEP program too that will be very beneficial for you. Also how long have you been doing Sarnos work and if you have a protocol then if you'd tell me we could maybe tweak your style a little to get you better results - let me know thanks

5. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

I dont know if your still here from 2014, but did your weakness improve? I have a little bit of wide spread weakness and it truely is just so annoying i cant figure out what it is even tho i know its tms its like i always am getting anxious about it.