1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Progression? Numb sensations in feet

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Hiawatha922, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Hello,
    I haven't posted on the forum in quite some time. My symptoms are still present but I had been able to reduce anxiety and refocus my life on some things that are very important to me. One thing that has happened within the past six months is that I've begun a relationship with a wonderful man. This is something I've wanted for many years.

I've noticed though that my symptoms are still present. The numb sensation on the right foot (it started in the small toe and spread slightly toward the center of the foot) is still present. I've had right foot sensations for many years. More recently, within the past few months, I've noticed that I'm starting to experience similar sensations in my left foot--right now, it is concentrated in the small toe and outer edge of the foot.

Over the past week, I've also noticed a few additional symptoms. Last Sunday, my nose was running a lot. I was sure I was getting a bad cold. The upper respiratory symptoms went away pretty quickly (in a day or two). However, they were replaced by significant fatigue and more noticeable leg and foot symptoms.

I'm struggling not to go back to the possibilities of serious structural causes for my symptoms (particularly those symptoms involving altered physical sensations). It helps to recall that I've consulted several neurologists, rheumatologists, allergists and others. No diagnosis was ever identified (other than pollen allergies). I also saw a TMS doctor who diagnosed TMS.

For some reason, I have not been able to halt the progression of these symptoms though. Has anyone experienced something like this? I know I tend to be quite anxious and I'm aware that a new relationship could be part of my experiencing these new symptoms. Nevertheless, this sense of progression has me worried. Any thoughts on this?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi,

I had many of those symptoms including 17 years of allergies. Once I learned about TMS and recovered rapidly, not only my allergies disappeared but also my gastritis, heart murmur and reading glasses!

Since no physical or physiological disorder has been found and you have been diagnosed with TMS by a physician, you can put your mind at ease.

How to get rid of the symptoms and eliminate your anxiety is the next step. For that I recommend reading Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain and applying the Nine-Step Rapid Recovery plan. This alone has helped many to recover rapidly as well as notice significant improvement in anxiety and other disorders.

Read the testimonials on www. rapidrecovery.net for additional motivation and inspiration but also to see how others have applied the RR plan.

If after doing the above you need additional help, you can schedule a complimentary 30-minute evaluation session at www.rapidrecovery.net/phone.html

What's most important is that you feel empowered and take massive persistent action to push back TMS until it's gone.

3. inymyfruitcup

inymyfruitcup New Member

Hey there, I too have numbness in my left foot/leg, right foot, and also my left hand/arm.

I saw a neurologist who was certain my problems were stress induced. I think they are too because they wax and wane.

Just try taking more time for yourself. Put faith in the fact that it is TMS, especially since you've been diagnosed.

4. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Thank you, inmyfruitcup and FredAmir. I appreciate your supportive comments. It is really at times like these that we have an opportunity to apply our knowledge. In a sense, this is an opportunity. Let go of the fear and the tendency toward structural "problem solving" and shift toward the emotional. I hope to embrace the young boy in me who is fearful and let him know he is loved and cared for. This work is really challenging. It helps to have a supportive community like this.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Boston Redsox and inymyfruitcup like this.
  5. intense50

intense50 Well known member

6. FredAmir

Hello intense50,

Tension can affect any part of body, including the eyes. Dr. William Bates discovered this some 100 years ago and cured many eye conditions. He wrote Better Eyesight Without Glasses.

Even now after 26 years and at 57 I still do not wear glasses.

7. lowella

lowella Peer Supporter

FredAmir, thanks for the info, I'm very curious how the heck you did that. I've pretty much cured everything else but the eyesight thing. Is there a different trick?! I'm a believer that it can be done...100%. I have tried not to work hard at it, on purpose.

8. FredAmir

lowella likes this.
  9. lowella

lowella Peer Supporter

Thank you, this explains a lot. I went through DNRS, a program to retrain my brain - in it, there is a lot of retraining using positive feelings - but they discourage feeling the negative feelings, which left me with various types of pain. So yes, it helps to do positive emotions but we also need to express our negative emotions in healing. This is where I went wrong for a year or so. I think my eyesight may have been better as I was training in DNRS because of all the positive emotions! I appreciate the info & will work more at feeling the positives as well.

10. FredAmir

Remember to get results with TMS and in life you must be flexible in your approach, monitor your results, and do what works.

Sometimes you need to be excited and other times you need to be calm. Sometimes you need to yell at it and other times be nice. Lol.

Marinedad and lowella like this.