1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Possible BFS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stephanie6187, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Stephanie6187

Stephanie6187 Newcomer

I have been multiple doctors after an episode of vertigo. It then turned into two episodes of vertigo followed by uncontrollable headaches that lasted 6 months with no relief. After the headaches came facial pain and pressure on the left side, and then when to numbness and pins and needles all over my body. Finally once that all disappeared I ended up with muscle fasiculations that occur 24/7. I've had MRIs and nerve conduction and muscle exams done all turn up negative. Has anyone had any of the same symptoms without an accurate diagnosis?

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Stephanie, The good news is that the tests all came back negative. And, no doctor has found a physical cause, such as a tumor.
    This is where you can drop your fear about it being physical and completely embrace that it is your brain trying to distract you from suppressed emotions, even simple ones...like feeling pushed for time all day long. It doesn't have to be some dark, deep trauma.

This is all so much better explained in one of the TMS books.

Start to read and reread good TMS books: Dr. Sarno's to begin (I suggest The Divided Mind or Mind Body Prescripton), Steve Ozanich's "The Great Pain Deception" and Nicole Sachs has a book, too...as well as YouTube videos and a podcast.

Many people who have been on this site have had similar or all of your symptoms. Me, included.

Please know that many people on this forum will support you in applying the perspective of Dr. Sarno and his work on TMS.