1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

PN/PFD/Twitches and colon

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Healing myself, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Healing myself

Healing myself Newcomer

Help please!
    The rolling ball started in February 2022, insane stress. Finally dx with PFD and PN. Was making great progress in PT. Emotional stress sends me spiraling back. symtoms vary daily - and now add Colon issues and spasms and twitches all over body (head to toe).
    this has to be TMS! Thoughts appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Bumping this thread to support a new member who has not received any responses!

My thoughts, as always, are as follows:

1. We do want to know that you've been checked out medically and that essentially, "they can't find anything wrong" (or they can only offer vague possibilities).

2. If you are not in need of medical attention, then it can't hurt to take a new path and assume that you're dealing with TMS. Not only can it not hurt, it also costs little or nothing.

3. Always start by reading one of Dr. Sarno's books. I usually recommend his last one, The Divided Mind. I checked it out from my library - there are also used copies available on Amazon.

4. Start doing one of our free programs: either the Structured Education Program (SEP) on the main wiki, or Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program here on the forum. The SEP will introduce you to Dr. Sarno right away, even if you don't yet have one of his books.

5. Read posts on the Success Stories subforum, and testimonials Thank Yous for Dr. Sarno at http://www.thankyoudrsarno.org/ (Thank You, Dr. Sarno)

6. Ultimately, with TMS, the details of your individual symptoms don't matter. Understanding and accepting this is key to the recovery process.

Good luck!

~Jan