1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please set me straight-help :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tgirl, Feb 19, 2016.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I am really trying to stay positive about my chronic pain (as many know I have been thoroughly tested by the medical community with all results being normal) but I am waivering in my belief it is psychological. I have been in touch over the past year with a woman in the USA and her symptoms have been similar to mine yet not identical and she has been diagnosed with Lyme disease. They have gone back and forth with her diagnosis- first she had it, then she didn't. She is now going to follow through with the treatment ( I think). I have been tested for it as well and it came back negative. I also know that it is difficult to diagnose.

Now I am worried that I either have Lyme disease or some physical disorder that has yet to be diagnosed. I just don't feel well, either physically nor mentally.

I am not sure what I want from everyone on this site but I really don't know what to do. Thanks for reading this.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi tgirl,
    I understand your fears about Lyme disease. It has become common, and often missed, with many strange symptoms, many of which are similar to TMS. Also, the tests are not very conclusive, as you say. You can have the finest test, and it may show positive, and others will disagree that you even have it. Strange.

There is also a set of symptoms that many believe are triggered by Lyme disease, which then continue, after the Lyme has been killed. This set of symptoms is less understood, but to me, has Sarno written all over it. In other words, it is the body echoing symptoms that have no cause any more, like an old injury might. That is my idea, at least.

I might suggest that you forget all about Lyme's disease for all the good reasons that we know, and give your TMS work more time and more support. If you're getting nowhere, and you're sick of symptoms, at a certain point, get the best tests, and the best treatments for Lyme disease. My friend went to Germany where I believe they use an Ozone?? treatment. Which is not approved in the US.

Don't know if I am much help, but I hope you go as deep as you can into the TMS approach before you go deeper into Lyme disease, because Lyme it is a worse can of worms. A Lyme diagnosis can only make TMS symptoms worse, if TMS is the actual cause. TMS work will not make Lyme disease symptoms worse. It should be neutral or will help.

Andy B

tgirl likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

By best support I mean a TMS physician diagnosis, and TMS coaching or therapy, etc. Check that you are doing the recommended TMS self-programs. Get on an airplane if you have to, to quell your doubts. Or work long distance with a physician. I would get the best support before I gave up and went "Lyme." Good luck in this!!

Tennis Tom and tgirl like this.
  4. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Andy. I have been tested twice for Lyme disease and as far as my doctor is concerned he doesn't think I have it. This is all so frustrating. Time is ticking by.

Thank you for your support.

5. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi tgirl

I have been reading posts on the forum and articles in newspapers about Lyme with great interest. I originally come from an area rife with Lyme. Lots of deer with deer ticks that spread the disease. There is one particular location where it is thought by doctors that the vast majority of people (like 80%) have contracted Lyme at some point in their lives. A very good friend of mine has had it twice as had her husband. It was very easily detectable and treated immediately with no lasting effects. The jury may be out on this subject and I may be way off base. I'm certainly no medic or scientist but I call things as I see them. I haven't heard about this particular population suffering for years with 'chronic Lyme'. This is very small closely knit community where everyone knows what's going on with everyone else. It helps that I don't suffer from major health anxiety and am able to visit my friend on a regular basis.

mike2014 and tgirl like this.
  6. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks yb44. I guess you have to know if you had Lyme disease before you know if it is chronic. I imagine these people all figured it out right away. It is certainly a strange and controversial topic..

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, tgirl. It looks to me like you are hoping that a structural problem or something like Lyme disease is causing your symptoms. You have been checked out and nothing wrong has been found. You need to switch your thinking from structural to TMS emotions causing the pain. If you haven't yet done it, I urge you to start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It helped me heal from severe back pain and has helped many othrs heal from a variety of pain.

It's not a good idea, and can be very misleading and harmful, to diagnose yourself with maladies others have. Everyone is different and the causes of our pains are often different. Keep heart and your hopes up and believe you will heal. TMS belief and the SEProgram will heal you.

tgirl likes this.
  8. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Walt for your thoughtful words. You are such a reassuring man.

9. Blossom

Blossom New Member

I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease in the past and looking back it's really interesting to see how I've taken on a lot of the symptoms listed as Lyme disease which I didn't have to begin with. I used to partake in Lyme disease facebook groups but it became increasingly clear that there is a personality type and I now know it to be the TMS personality type which I very much have also!

My advice would also be to forget about Lyme disease, it's the current in vogue disorder, it's in the media a lot lately and celebrities are saying they have it too. I once read a spiritual article about what they believed to be the origins of Lyme disease and they stated a lot of people have creative abilities which have gone unrealised. I think there is quite a lot of truth in this, I'm finding this journey is also to find my real self under all the years of digging down emotions and aspects of my personality. Wishing you all the best in your healing journey

tgirl likes this.
  10. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Blossom. By the way I love your avatar-so cute.

So I take it you were never treated for Lyme disease yet got better? I realize that it is an in vogue disorder and that I likely don't have it. I have a TMS personality for sure.

I wish you well in your healing journey as well.

11. Blossom

Blossom New Member

I had about 8 months of antibiotic treatment and if anything that made me feel worse. This was years ago though. I'm still on the road to recovery a lot of my pains have gone through using the TMS approach, or when they return it's not for long. I have a lot of symptoms to overcome though but I'm still plodding along. Getting caught up in the Lyme stuff really added years onto my recovery! Something that has really helped me is Steve Ozanich's book The Great Pain Deception.

tgirl likes this.
  12. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks for informing about your Lyme treatment and your set backs. It is really appreciated. I am reading Steve Ozanich's book right now and so far I find it really informative.

13. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Well that could be TMS then, it fits the TMS DX. Since this is the TMS site, I'll lay a bet that it's TMS since the white-coats are not sure. 80% odds its TMS. Very easily curable, all you have to do is have a change of mind, then sleep on it.

p.s. You don't look like you have lymes or are sick in your avatar.

tgirl likes this.
  14. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Tom. As I said I am reading The Great Pain Deception. It is really interesting and I hope it helps me through this. Although I'd like to think that the chance of having TMS is greater than 80%. :)

15. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

OK, judging by how healthy and happy you look in you avatar, I'll go to 95%--but don't forget 100% perfection is a TMS trait. The Indians used to leave imperfections in their crafts to let the evil spirits escape. Practice acts of im-perfectionism 'til you get good at it--but not too good.

tgirl likes this.
  16. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

True about the perfectionist 100% trait.. Lol thanks for your input Tom!!