1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please explain this symptom via TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Aurora, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Aurora

Aurora Peer Supporter

Hi I'm new here and I hope to join your community.

A few years ago I started experiencing pain in my hands and forearms that I attributed to computer use. A few weeks maybe months after that started I would wake up in the middle of the night with my pinky finger and ring finger numb along with that side of my hand. This happens when I sleep on my arm almost every night. I just change positions and the feeling returns in my hand. I always thought this happened because the muscles of my arms were so tight they partially compressed the nerve (causing the pain in my hands and forearms). I assumed that when I slept on my arm it would compress the nerve so much more that I would lose feeling in my hand. The pain in my hands and forearms have gotten better but my hand still gets numb at night. After reading To Be or Not to Be Pain Free I realize that there is something wrong with my understanding. Please explain to me what is really going on. I'm trying to reprogram my thinking!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know the physiology of the arm or hand, but it looks like another pain caused by repressed emotions.
    I'm sorry if that sounds simplistic, but it is really profound. Our unconscious mind moves pain around to get us
    to discover those re/s.

3. Aurora

Aurora Peer Supporter

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your response. I've decided that I've got some work to do to really convince myself that my pain is caused by repressed emotions.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Aurora - you said whats the matter with my thinking. Well what have you stopped doing hat you love to do. Where have you stopped going that used to make you happy. What do you do now that frustrate you but you still do it like your programmed. The list is extensive and you would do great to be able to get in and start the SEP. I hope you've already begun but if not here's the url ok. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
    Ask all sorts of questions till you start to heal by knowledge penicillin. Its like when you get it then you start to heal and then when you heal you finish your journey. Also something that would be beneficial to you would be this url - Tmswiki.org/search - When you use this search engine you will find all things tms.
    Bless You