1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Sarno’s audio book at night

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MJH724, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MJH724

MJH724 New Member

I am new to this site and am working through the structured educational program. This site is amazing and I want to thank all who have worked hard to make it and maintain it.

Just wanted to share something that I have found helpful. I checked out Dr. Sarno’s book, Healing Back Pain as an audio book from my library and listened to it once while awake but then later when my pain was back, I was listening to it at night and it continued to play while I was asleep. So I essentially played the book for my unconscious mind and I felt better when I woke up. Given the nature of the book, this wasn’t really surprising. Was wondering if anyone else has had this experience or tried this. If you’re stuck, it’s maybe something to try. He recorded the book himself and his voice is so soothing. I think the way he reads it makes his words even more encouraging.

MWsunin12, Click#7 and Saffron like this.
  2. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

What a coincidence that you mention this because the other day I was wondering if listening to the Mindbody Prescription audiobook while asleep and dreaming would be affective therapy. Looks like it could be.