1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pissed, and my back feels a bit better

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mouser, Sep 12, 2016.

1. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter

About the same time as I heard of Dr Sarno, my back doc told me about a spine stimulator trial and implantation. I am 3 years into the pain and the chiro, injections and PT have had little to no effect up to now. I told them I wanted to try mindbody work and talked to one of their psychologists. Did biofeedback and did very well, but I have still had no pain relief in two months since reading two of Dr. Sarno's books and Steve O's book.

Went to the regular (not TMS) back Dr to refill the pain med (Norco) which helps me function right now with home, college and work. She is pushing the stimulator thing hard. I am pissed because no matter what I said she went back to the stimulator.

I am on MA and this would cost the state $15, 000 plus. I am feeling like these back clinics are a money making racket that help nearly no one. She lowered my prescription from 90 to 75 norco during summer vacation. I am feeling like going back to 90 and she says no, STIMULATOR. She was pushing steroid shots before this even tho I have had many with no real results in over a year. I swear, they want me in pain so they can give me expensive treatments because I will get desperate for relief.

GRRRR!

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Dr. Sarno says there are two ballparks. The physical and the psychological. Pick up one foot and plant that foot where you want to be. Trust the other Dr.s who want your money, you on drugs, and their worthless therapies.

Or, know you are physically complete and your mind is same as rest of humanity. Midpoint of evolution. Decide to reprogram and and shed the protection of pain distraction.

RROOARRR!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, mouser. I agree with BeWell that you should not opt for surgery and instead follow Dr. Sarno's belief in TMS.
    If you haven't yet, I urge you to start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover the emotional reasons for your pain. Give that a good chance to heal you. Surgery should be a last option. Same with steroid shots. Medication, shots, and surgery can even make things worse. I healed from severe back pain after believing in TMS and doing the SEProgram, as many others also have healed.

4. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter

I am doing the SEP program, but am bogged down the last few weeks since I started college again. I believe I have TMS and won't get the stimulator. But the back pain is disabling and I can't work and go to school without a pain med for now. Dr. Sarno said pain meds were ok till recovery. I am just frustrated with the pain and the pressure from the clinic.

I read an article on WebMD that I can't find right now that basically agreed with Dr Sarno. Most people don't heal with surgery or shots and eventually end up at pain clinics.

5. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter