1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Personal TMS history

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by PAwoodchopper, May 29, 2017.

1. PAwoodchopper

PAwoodchopper New Member

As I've waded into TMS it's become clear I've had other issues commonly associated with TMS, but it was only a bout of sciatica that led me here. I'm sure most of us here have similar pain or symptom history. I recall plenty of acne breakouts at stressful times through high school and college, some of them creating areas that were actually painful and distracting from other issues. In recent years I've noticed increased seasonal allergies, often having sneezing fits and itchy eyes etc. I work outdoors so thought nothing of it, it was simply a nuisance. It wasn't until my sciatica issue that I found TMS and learned all this. And as others have experienced, I had virtually 0 allergy symptoms this year while dealing with sciatica, even though I've been hiking and working outdoors all spring. So it makes sense, but I'm curious why the symptoms change. Was not acknowledging the past symptoms part of the reason I had this nerve pain issue and my mind is forcing me to acknowledge pain seeing as I ignored the other symptoms?

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well you answered one of the reasons. There are plenty off effective allergy meds, and you never 'stopped' because of those....that coupled with maybe a greater need for a distraction? It seems the gnarlier the symptoms, the more rage is there. There could be a lot of speculation as all of us have different experiences. My son just broke up with his longtime GF... I noticed his normally perfect skin is broken out?...It's good for us that we don't have to figure it out....just knowing what it's doing.
    Very perceptive on noticing the lack of allergies when your pain came. I got my first (and last) real allergy attack right after I moved out of my home during my divorce. Didn't have to look very far.

pax