1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Peripheral neuropathy with Pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by zeeman01, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Philippe1982

Philippe1982 New Member

Hey guys, i love all off your posts. Last year i was in a lot off stress and i start having all kinds off symptoms. Anxiety, extreme fatigue, leg weakness, heavy arms, tingling and burning sensations, depression, neck pain, numbness in my right foot, brain fog, pain in the liver area, pain in arm pits (lymph nodes),... I also was tinking i had MS but the MRI and EMG where clear. It was after several months that i learned about Dr Sarno and I started reading his books and TMS wiki. I did some journaling, went to psychologist but couldn’t really find repressed emotions. Although I’ve always been a worrier and daily life stresses can take it’s toll on me, I didn’t really got better after journaling and reading the book. I was really convinced I had TMS but just had to be patient. I read the book ‘help for your nerves’ from Claire Weekes and tried meditation and affirmation also. I was in peace but still totally not symptom free and not working because off the extreme fatigue and bad sleeping. As you see, I use ‘was’ because now I don’t know it anymore, I’m lost. My mind played a dirty trick on me and somehow I start looking up my symptoms again and stumbled on a group called ‘Andy Cutler Mercury Chelation’. This group where all kinds off people with many off my symptoms who where intoxicated with mercury from the amalgame fillings in their teeth. They had succes stories just like here by removing the amalgams in a safe way and follow a strict chelating (detoxing) protocol. Can you feel me coming? It’s also known that mercury poisoning can cause severe neurological problems and even can lead to MS, ALS, Alzheimer,... So now I don’t know what to believe anymore. I was convinced off having TMS and this is still very possible but in the other way I don’t want to toxicate me more by leaving these teeth fillings in my mouth ( I have 6) causing maybe more damage and causing more and more problems over the years. If it’s TMS, it won’t but if it’s mercury poisoning it will.

What are your thoughts guys? Is it my mind playing a dirty trick? Knowing that believing in the TMS is the numbero uno to heal, I don’t know anymore what to do. Any suggestions?

Are those people getting better from detoxicating or placebo? Do they all have TMS?

It’s so hard for me now. In a way i’m mad i stumbled on this group because now it makes everything more complocated. Or i’m realy having toxic issues from the teeth or my mind found the perfect way to distract me.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

We always recommend getting thoroughly checked out by a medical professional before assuming any condition is TMS. Please consult an experienced and appropriate dentist, NOT Dr. Google. Honestly, no one on this forum has any business answering your question in any other way.

I don't know anything about this subject, because all my old fillings from the 1950s were replaced with crowns decades ago, and I can't remember what my dentists said about it way back then. I think I would be extremely leary of a dentist who uses mercury replacement as a marketing tool. You should get the correct advice from your own regular dentist who is experienced, well-educated, and familiar with the latest dental knowledge.

Philippe1982 likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

It’s so hard to believe nerve pain is all from emotions ....been really starting to be all in with Tms for at least 1.5 yrs with no pain improvement at all maybe a couple of scattered good days ...been on all antidepressant possible along with Klonpin tried some homeopathic remedies along with cannabis and low dose naltrexone and they all basically made me sick except for the cannabis and klonpin ..
    But this is the last stop mri xrays nerve tests you name it and nothing I mean nothing showed up ...thx god for that...but I was really hoping someone could find something ... it’s very hard to keep a good mindset and be full of love and accepting for what is ....

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I had an interesting convo with my dentist once who told me about a woman who had all her teeth removed due to pain but the pain remained. He explained to me it was psychosomatic. Although my dentist didn't use the term TMS, it was exactly what he was describing. I've experienced similar nerve pain in the teeth (widespread) and it was TMS. Just my 2 cents... Of course only a professional can diagnose or rule out structural issues, infections etc.

Dorado likes this.
  5. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

@Boston Redsox, the best advice I can give you is to stop fearing the symptoms, and to also work with someone to challenge your emotions (including repressed emotions) and patterned thinking. I'm sorry you've gone through so much. That said, I'm really glad you had all of those tests done - that's great! I read your profile and it is quite clear that you've dealt with some very heavy situations. You have to lend your body some understanding for acting out everything you have felt. You just need to work toward getting out of sympathetic overdrive and truly accepting everything.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Boston Redsox, JanAtheCPA and tgirl like this.
  6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx you Dorado for your words of hope ... yes been threw the ringer like most here ... outcome independence is the key

7. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

hey Drew, just send me a private message to my inbox on here.

8. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Laleah Shoo Shoo Peer Supporter

Hello everyone, I am reading your wonderful posts and testamonials to what i KNOW to be true, regarding TMS. Over many years, i have read
    every book, practiced and recovered from the most debilitating, dreadful pain. And i healed myself, though every doctor i saw told me that would be impossible. For now, i simply want to ask ~ Are any of you who wrote on this page still using this Forum? It seems not since 2019. You are a wonderful inspiration at this time in my life, when the most horrid nerve pain has returned. I do know why this has come on, but ooooh, it's so good to read these posts. I'm saying a big THANK YOU Blessings to you all xxxxx

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

I still visit occasionally as I get direct message from time to time. I really wish more people knew and accepted Dr Sarno's work. Many collogues are work who i see suffering are not even willing to entertain the concepts which makes me sad but each person has to find their own path. I still get relapses sometimes. For me back pain does come back from time to time and I need to almost relearn some of the TMS concepts again. I bought Alan Gordon's new book during one of my more intense replapes of back pain and it was refreshing to read the same concepts from a different voice. I really like the idea of have literally no negative emotions related to the pain as I was just focusing on reducing fear but had replaced that with frustration. Lol. Anyway I hope this forum continues as a source for folks to learn and heal.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  10. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Several of us are still active, in fact. Just click on a profile and go to the "postings" tab to see someone's activity history.