MWsunin12
Beloved Grand Eagle
Hello. I posted the below to another member who was hoping to find success with nerve issues. Another member suggested I post in Success Stories, so here it is. I'm happy to do this as the success of a member named Carolyn, on the other site, really helped me to believe in healing for myself.
I still have an achy low back and sometimes the tension of my current schedule will manifest in the same way along the pudendal nerve or anal tightness/spasms. So, I journal. I console myself. I accept that it is what it is…and it fades away. (I also want to note that Dr. Sarno and others have observed through the decades that pain manifests in ways that are trendy (for lack of better word). During the 60's, ulcers were what everyone had. Once the universities turned out numerous back surgeons in the 1970's and 80's, suddenly there are record numbers of back injuries diagnosed. These are just two examples, but it helped me to realize that there is a current and massive increase in pelvic pain clinics popping up. To me, this is proof. There are many pissed off women and men who don't have time to face their emotions…at the BASE values of our lives. It also helps to remember that most medical professionals feel pressure and obligation to give you a diagnosis. They need it for their charts and most patients demand it so they have a way to label their pain. This does not mean it's true.
As you read this below, please know that I'm a person who has manifested quirky pain syndromes most of my life. Many of them were things that couldn't be diagnosed, or lacked a true treatment (MddS 4x's, TMJ, Tinnutus, etc.) I'm grateful for Dr. Sarno and all other current mind/body/TMS professionals who are supplying the courage we need to tell ourselves the truth.
Blessings to anyone reading this. Have hope. Trust your TRUE intuition, not the "grasping for help" side of you. Remember that you are strong because you are functioning still with sorrows and pain that would make others give up. Don't. If you're reading the success forum, then you're pulling open the door to light and a new life. Go for it.
Here is what I wrote to the other member.
I had 5 months of pudendal nerve pain, pelvic nerve pain, and also low Back Pain, which made it hard to sit at my desk and work. Or, sit anywhere for that matter.
Of course, googling the type of pain scared the life out of me, with the horror stories of people only getting worse. The more I read things, the more symptoms I got myself. Honestly!
I will confirm this for you. I decided to accept 100 percent that my pain was psychological.
I would feel the pain but say things to myself like, "I know you're in pain and I'm going to take care of you emotionally. I hear you."
I know that sounds silly, but women tend to not listen to their own emotional needs. So, I would write down anything that came to me, whether it was painful emotions from my childhood or an aggravation in my day. I also started to move around and go for walks and meet out with friends. I resumed my life. I let myself be distracted.
My pain faded away. I'm fine. You will be fine, too. First, accept that it is 100 percent psychological. This is the most important factor.
Stop looking for physical cures. Don't ask other people about similar pain. Don't google or look for specialists, etc.
And, start to let yourself know that you will put your emotional needs first, no matter what they are.
At first the emotions may feel extreme or like opening a can of worms, but then it all balances out.
I don't know any women that don't have a certain amount of buried anger and hurt. If you made it to adulthood, chances are good that you have some.
You can heal. But first accept that the cure is psychological.
I'm cheering for you.
I still have an achy low back and sometimes the tension of my current schedule will manifest in the same way along the pudendal nerve or anal tightness/spasms. So, I journal. I console myself. I accept that it is what it is…and it fades away. (I also want to note that Dr. Sarno and others have observed through the decades that pain manifests in ways that are trendy (for lack of better word). During the 60's, ulcers were what everyone had. Once the universities turned out numerous back surgeons in the 1970's and 80's, suddenly there are record numbers of back injuries diagnosed. These are just two examples, but it helped me to realize that there is a current and massive increase in pelvic pain clinics popping up. To me, this is proof. There are many pissed off women and men who don't have time to face their emotions…at the BASE values of our lives. It also helps to remember that most medical professionals feel pressure and obligation to give you a diagnosis. They need it for their charts and most patients demand it so they have a way to label their pain. This does not mean it's true.
As you read this below, please know that I'm a person who has manifested quirky pain syndromes most of my life. Many of them were things that couldn't be diagnosed, or lacked a true treatment (MddS 4x's, TMJ, Tinnutus, etc.) I'm grateful for Dr. Sarno and all other current mind/body/TMS professionals who are supplying the courage we need to tell ourselves the truth.
Blessings to anyone reading this. Have hope. Trust your TRUE intuition, not the "grasping for help" side of you. Remember that you are strong because you are functioning still with sorrows and pain that would make others give up. Don't. If you're reading the success forum, then you're pulling open the door to light and a new life. Go for it.
Here is what I wrote to the other member.
I had 5 months of pudendal nerve pain, pelvic nerve pain, and also low Back Pain, which made it hard to sit at my desk and work. Or, sit anywhere for that matter.
Of course, googling the type of pain scared the life out of me, with the horror stories of people only getting worse. The more I read things, the more symptoms I got myself. Honestly!
I will confirm this for you. I decided to accept 100 percent that my pain was psychological.
I would feel the pain but say things to myself like, "I know you're in pain and I'm going to take care of you emotionally. I hear you."
I know that sounds silly, but women tend to not listen to their own emotional needs. So, I would write down anything that came to me, whether it was painful emotions from my childhood or an aggravation in my day. I also started to move around and go for walks and meet out with friends. I resumed my life. I let myself be distracted.
My pain faded away. I'm fine. You will be fine, too. First, accept that it is 100 percent psychological. This is the most important factor.
Stop looking for physical cures. Don't ask other people about similar pain. Don't google or look for specialists, etc.
And, start to let yourself know that you will put your emotional needs first, no matter what they are.
At first the emotions may feel extreme or like opening a can of worms, but then it all balances out.
I don't know any women that don't have a certain amount of buried anger and hurt. If you made it to adulthood, chances are good that you have some.
You can heal. But first accept that the cure is psychological.
I'm cheering for you.