1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Past TMS symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Artmuzz, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

I have been reading some books and doing some research on TMS and I have been thinking of what could of been TMS symptoms in my past and at the time I didn't know anything about TMS and psychosomatic symptoms of the body.

About eight years ago I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and after getting the diagnoses I remember developing a pain in the liver area of my abdomen and lower right rib cage which I suspected was the pain from my liver because I knew where in the body the liver is. Little did I know that this pain could actually be psychosomatic with the stress of knowing I had fatty liver disease. I was having pain for nearly two years until it disappeared and has never returned again. I was going through a stressful time and developed health anxiety (hypochondria) due to my fatty liver diagnoses.

In 2012 my stress and anxiety was getting worse and I started getting bad toothache in one of my molars. The only way the pain subsided was when I held cold water around the affected molar. I went to my dentist and they did an x-ray but they couldn't find anything wrong with my tooth. Unconvinced, I went to another dentist and they couldn't find anything wrong with my tooth either. I ended up asking to get it extracted because the pain was unbearable and the dentist finally extracted it which they weren't happy doing because there was nothing wrong with my tooth. Could this all of been TMS?

I have had another (and at the moment have) possible TMS symptoms like dizziness, migraine headaches, sciatica, pain in the top of my right thigh on the joint between my pelvis and thigh bone which I believe is psychosomatic due to severe stress and anxiety that I am suffering at the moment and bowel pain.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

They all could certainly be manifestations of TMS. The only one I'm not sure about is fatty liver disease but then the liver is an organ of rejuvenation and is incredibly forgiving of the dietary abuse we inflict upon it so the point is moot. The fact that this experience kick started your health anxiety speaks irrespective of your liver, telling us that from then on your were dealing with TMS.

I have made a shopping list of past TMS symptoms which for me were started by 'candida'. I've come to the conclusion that most things are either pure TMS or TMS hybrids whereby TMS insinuates itself on the back of a real condition. You most often see this when someone has occasioned a real injury that doesn't heal. Even the biggest bone in the body recovers from a break in weeks so lingering problems are invariably TMS.

Dizziness, migraines and sciatica are all standard issue TMS and you'll find lots of posts about each. Retrospectively we all find instances of the symptom imperative and it does well to examine what was happening in your life at the times you had those ailments. You'll find some interesting correlations and hopefully some insights you can bring to bear upon your current healing.

Ines, JanAtheCPA and Lainey like this.
  3. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

Thanks for the reply. Before my fatty liver diagnoses the only pain I suffered was the occasion headaches, toothache and flu and cold symptoms. Now since I have hypochondria and suffered the grief of losing my beloved mother to cancer and repressed anger and emotions from years ago I seem to suffer disturbing anxiety symptoms, migraines, migraine aura, joint pain, leg cramps, muscle twitches, dizziness, lower back pain, sciatica, neck pain, nausea and tension.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. TalkDoc

TalkDoc New Member

Ironically, the “hypochondriac region” is just under the rib cage. I too have had dull aches in this area when worrying about my health at times when back pain won’t get my attention.

5. Sharada Devi

Sharada Devi New Member

All these subtle connections between weird symptoms can make unlearning pain tricky. I've found over and over that you have to get to the emotions at the root of the problem. Its a process but worth it. You access the emotions then process them so they are no longer stressful. I can't say how important it is to transform all the memories you hold in your head so that everyone in your head is happy is. If you simply dredge up old emotions and relive them it usually doesn't do you much good. When you can safely release all anxiety, fear, anger, hurt, sadness, hopelessness ect. then you can reframe the meaning in a more loving and productive way. Healing is so worth it. When you no longer live in fear that something will set your pain off you have so much more energy. Life is much easier and more fun.