1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Group Pain increase

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Linda, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Linda

Linda New Member

Hi,
    My name is Linda and I have recently started the TMS Recovery Program. I have pain in both groin areas, inside and outside thighs and especially down the left leg. I have pain when I get up from sitting, bending, walking up stairs and getting in and out of the car. The muscles cramp and feel like tight elastic bands. I believe that the pain is due to tension as I have had a lot of stress. I have attempted to lead a normal life. Yesterday I started to do some very simple gentle exercises to get moving and the pain increased. It was so painful it kept me awake last night. Is this common a common problem?

2. Linda

Linda New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and didn't intend to create a discussion group so any help for the following would be appreciated. Thank you Linda

I have recently started the TMS Recovery Program. I have pain in both groin areas, inside and outside thighs and especially down the left leg. I have pain when I get up from sitting, bending, walking up stairs and getting in and out of the car. The muscles cramp and feel like tight elastic bands. I believe that the pain is due to tension as I have had a lot of stress. I have attempted to lead a normal life. Yesterday I started to do some very simple gentle exercises to get moving and the pain increased. It was so painful it kept me awake last night. Is this common a common problem?

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is a common problem.
    You will have to get to the repressions by journaling or thinking about emotional
    situations that is causing the pain. The SEP will be a great help to you-
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program
    Also lighten up on yourself, practice some soothing meditations and
    focus on nature and what makes you happy, loose the fear and focus of the pain.

That's the trick of tms to get you to focus on your body. So now only think psychologically
    or like what emotions are causing me to have this pain.

If you have to have everything just perfect to get through the day
    well that causes tension too so learn to let go of this perfectionist trait
    and be happy that you now are on your way to the cure.

nancy likes this.