1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain has spread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eugene, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Tamara

thx I wouldn’t say better but different no more anxiety...pain as spiked and constant but living life as best I can ...I don’t get angry anymore as much at my worse I get disappointed at it...but only for a moment I feel what’s going on and move on ...

thx Tamara it’s been a journey for sure

TG957 likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

One day at a time one day I will write my success story I that you and Rita for sure

Kellso and TG957 like this.
  3. AlexJk

AlexJk Newcomer

maybe it is time to consult a doctor? what if it is not related to anxiety?

4. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

Hi, my name is Lynn from Toronto, Canada. I have been reading these posts for a few years now, read all the popular books mentioned on this site along with Alan Gordon’s program etc etc.
    It all stared over 5 years ago when I had a breast cancer scare, all was good but I still went through 4 surgeries in less than 2 years because I did preventative surgeries similar to Angelina Joli only I didn’t make the papers lol. After all the successfully surgeries were over, a few months after, I developed low back pain like a daunted wire across the very low back, which never went away, more fear set in thinking I had bone cancer, after months and months of bone scans, mri ultrasounds, etc etc all was normal. I also exhausted the system with physio, acupuncture, chiropractor, private trainer etc etc.
    To make a long story shorter, nothing helped and my body stayed in a fear mode permanently.

I believe in TMS and I don’t think it’s structural even if the pain/discomfort is there all the time with varying degrees. At night it releases and I can sleep well, in the morning I don’t even have to move, the pain just comes,

Along with the low back, the top of buttocks - glutei are painful as if I had done exercise for hours. I also get a discomfort around the SI joint or sciatica but it never goes down my leg: the pain is regional. I am in pretty good shape, ran the NY marathon 10 years ago and was still running when all this started.

it’s discouraging and sometimes I doubt TMS,

5. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

Hi Eugene
    I sent a note but it got posted; not sure if you can see.