1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Our symptoms of TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana_D, Jan 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Diana_D

Diana_D New Member

Hi all,

Could you please share/list your symptoms of TMS. It would be really good to learn what other people experience. I already mentioned mine in one of my posts, but shortly:
    • right lower abdominal pain on and off
    • right lower back pain on and off
    • feeling of weakness/numbness in left arm and fingers - almost all the time
    • left eye pain/pressure - sometimes on and off throughout the day, recently I experience it every day
    • tension headaches/migraines
    • anxiety, brain fog, OCD
    • clogged/plugged ears all the time

Thank you!
    Diana

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Diana! I definitely encourage browsing other posts and well as checking the symptom tags: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/tags/ (Search Tags | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome))

The benefit of looking at other posts is that you get to see how the conversations between supportive members unfolded as well as additional context. The tags are an excellent resource if you’re looking for a more comprehensive list of symptoms all in one space.

The list of symptoms I experienced was very long, and grew a bit even after my success story given that the mind-body connection will always be part of life.

3. Blue_Man

Blue_Man New Member

Wow, I thought I was the only one with plugged ears, or at least a feeling of fullness and pain. I went to the doctors repeatedly insisting I had an ear infection, and they could find nothing. I'm wondering if they have to do with TMJ issues, as I did have a bad habit of clenching my jaw(s) from stress, and I just put those two together after realizing the pain or tightness around my ears wasn't swollen nodes, and maybe the tightness in throat and TMJ problems are transferring to the ear canal as they share some nerves.

I also have the typical lower back pain, eye pain and pressure (probably from surfing the net and googling symptoms and freaking out), tension headaches and migraines (probably from the same thing), and I already have anxiety and OCD to begin with. I also have joint aches, sometimes feverish feelings, dizziness, just feeling sick and run-down especially after physical exertion. I'm hoping it's not some type of infinite CFS diagnosis and am placing a lot of hope in Howard Schubiner's Unlearn your Pain book.

4. Diana_D

Diana_D New Member

Hi Dorado! Thank you so much for your response! I haven't used the symptom tags. That would be really useful. Thanks again!

Dorado likes this.
  5. Diana_D

Diana_D New Member

Hi Blue_Man,
    Thank you very much for sharing your symptoms. As you, I went to ENT doctors many time throughout the years. They couldn't find anything wrong. It started with my left ear back in 2009, and in a few years I was also feeling the fullness in my right ear. Many dentists have told me that I am clenching and grinding my teeth, because there is excessive wear on my teeth. It probably occurs during sleep. I was unaware that I am doing that....I've talked to the dentists about the ear issues, and I've talked to the ENT doctors about the teeth clenching/grinding. The interesting thing is that neither the dentists or the ENT doctors have made connection between them. And here I am talking about a period of 10+ years and visiting at least 4-5 different END doctors/dentists! I definitely think that they can be related!