1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

One lucky TMSer.... getting by with a little help from my friends

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Baseball65, May 21, 2017.

1. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

After my miraculous cure in '99, I of course, like any new convert went around preaching the gospel of TMS/theory/Sarno. Like most people proselytizing I converted exactly Zero people.

However, as time went on and I had no major relapse, the people in my life with issues that were tenacious began to call me... Pain and absence of cure is the best persuader. I have passed out dozens of copies of HBP, divided mind,etc.

Spreading the word, I inadvertently helped myself... Now when I have a 'new' small outbreak, I immediately call my TMS healed Bro's and we have 'therapy' together over the phone. Nobody knows you better than your Friends.... and I have good ones because they will point out my inconsistencies, lies to myself,etc.

What Doctor or therapist is going to know your backstory... your life passion, your loves, your personal history and your proclivities like a Friend?

We'll talk when we're not pressured for time... we ask each other what's going on at work, family dynamics and in personal relationships. We present possible 'models' to each other of WHY a new symptom (distraction) was needed. In my most recent 3 day 'review' My friend Pat pointed out an elephant in the room in my personal life that I couldn't see yet. I didn't need to change the elephant or chase him out of the room....just acknowledge that the elephant is there.

Many of my healed friends are artists of some sort. Being blocked off from creativity by 'real world' concerns or responsibilities is a HUGE tms factory. Remember the Freudian aspect. We are all great big 6 year olds stamping our feet in frustration...(on the inside)

We have called each other for a huge variety of issues... Pain is only one. Insomnia, allergies, strange stomach stuff, depression.... the list is staggering.

Having a Mirror of sorts, someone who understands the process is a HUGE asset and has saved me thousands of hours of suffering by expediting the episodes and reinforcing the method of cure.

If you have one friend you can talk to , you are wealthy beyond reckoning.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You are totally right. Most of my best times are with my best friends. You're very fortunate in having a network of TMS friends to share progress reports and mutual understanding. I think everyone with TMS should have friends like you have. I'm single, and 86, and out of all the relatives I have, only one niece stays in touch, and even she isn't a TMS friend. Two of my best buddies are great about sharing feelings, but even we are not TMS friends. So you have a lot to be thankful for with your TMS pals.