1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Numbness / paralysis in wrist rather than pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by fred75, May 1, 2017.

1. fred75

fred75 Newcomer

Has anyone experienced weakness/numbness to the point where it almost feels like partial paralysis, and this is the main symptom rather than pain?

I wrote earlier about my brother Jason, who is a musician and woodworker and had been experiencing pain/numbness in his left wrist due to a supposed herniated disc C7-T1 pressing on the ulnar nerve root.

I'm writing again because it seems the main issue right now is less of pain and more of a feeling of extreme weakness and a sense of partial paralysis. I believe he may have had a cortisone injection as well, which might explain why the pain has diminished, though he experienced the same paralysis symptoms prior to the shot.

He is very skeptical of TMS, because of the nature of his symptoms, and also because the doctor said that the MRI and EMG tests confirmed the hypothesis that the herniated disc was causing the symptoms due to pressing on the nerve root.

Many thanks in advance for any advice on this!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno writes in Healing Back Pain that MRIs and EMGs may indicate structural problems such as herniated discs, but those issues do not cause pain. The pain comes from repressed emotions. Your brother had to believe in that, and 100 percent, in order for TMS to heal his pain. Many or most doctors do not believe in TMS, that emotions cause pain, so they rely on the old treatments, pain-pills and cortisone. Maybe tell your brother that it won't hurt him to try the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It healed me of severe back pain and has healed many, many others. Maybe ask him to read the success stories in that subforum, to get him to be a TMS believer.

fred75 likes this.
  3. fred75

fred75 Newcomer

Thanks very much Walt. Much appreciated.