1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Not taking drugs for TMS pain but what about normal pain?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by LouVes, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LouVes

LouVes New Member

Hi everyone!
    Any thoughts on the problematic of taking pain meds for a medical problem when trying to get rid of TMS pain?
    Is there interference? Does this compromise progress?

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

LouVes,

Taking something for a medical problem should not affect your progress with tms work. You're primitive brain knows the truth, so you can't fool it. The brain sometimes latches on to a physical symptom and continues the pain after the issue is resolved. A few years ago I had a minor break in my foot. The break should have been healed in 4 to 6 weeks, but it continued 6 months, until I found Healing Back Pain on my cousin's bookshelf. So watch out for that, lol, don't worry about it, just be aware.
    Hope it helps,
    Lizzy

3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Pain meds are often demonized... but for short term relief, they work wonders. I’m a fan of an ibuprofen or Tylenol for headaches to get through my day. And if you’ve recently had an injury or procedure, they are key! They won’t interfere with your TMS healing. And plenty of folks on here had to wean off their pain meds gradually while doing TMS healing strategies.

4. LouVes

LouVes New Member

Thank you Lizzy and MindBodyPT!