1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

No Preservatives

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Daffy Duck, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Peer Supporter

I have met a goal! Yesterday I had an entire meal totally without preservatives. I work hard at it. Made a Romaine Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing, Roast Chicken marinated with lemon and Rosemary and Olive Oil, Kimchi, Kombucha, fresh fruit, Avacado. Oh goodness I do love it when I do good things for myself. I'm making Turmeric Tea at the moment... feels great to be validating of my body. Oh yes! I made homemade chicken broth and beef broth with bone marrow. (I'm doing the GAPS DIET).

Mad, Mala and giantsfan like this.
  2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

I haven't had dinner yet. Now I'm hungry lol.

3. Daffy Duck

I think about food way too much! I do honestly spend a lot of time cooking... and when I'm not cooking it seems like I'm menu planning. Or playing the Hot Dog Hot Shot. I love that game. LOL.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Good job, Daffy! Glad you met your goal.
    I have a lot of food allergies, so I make almost everything from scratch. It takes a lot of time, but I know I'm getting good food that will not make me sick.
    Kudos for taking care of yourself.

5. Daffy Duck

Thanks, Gigi

You make things from scratch? I'm implementing no dairy, no sugar, no grain. So, what's left after that is pretty much non-dairy fermented products, meats and vegetables, good oils and salts, and I only use coconut flour and sprouted nut flour. So... what do you make if you don't mind me asking? And are your allergies better? Do you find it hard to stay consistent? I screw up with potato chips!

Daffy

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I make muffins, cookies, all of our bread/rolls, and of course all of our main courses. I eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch each day, but get a good variety with supper. I'm severely sucrose intolerant, and have to go very low fat. I don't buy much that is processed. We eat simply, but well.

7. Daffy Duck

Very nice... you bake from scratch. "...simply, but well." I like that. I want to make kimchi and kombucha as well as learn more about dehydrating and sprouting. I'm absolutely no sugar at the moment, not even fruit or high-glycemic, starchy vegetables. Nice chatting with you, Gigi!

8. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Aww Gigi this is super duper I also dream of making healthy choices for myself. I used to but since my TMS I can't I just daydream about being in a kitchen and making healthy stuff

9. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Daffy Duck I am also working on towards eliminating all white sugary stuff from my diet gotta lose lose and lose and set up some goals for my kids to follow

10. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Working full time--and very long days--sometimes leaves me with no energy or desire to cook. However, food allergies don't leave me much choice. I've learned to bake double batches of things on the weekends and freeze them. Also, my husband, since his retirement, has started doing a lot of the cooking, which is extremely helpful.

11. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Gigi that reminds me of my hubby for being there for me.he is cooking for us nowadays me and kids love the way he simply grill.

12. Daffy Duck

Yes.... I'm trying to teach my body to burn "fat" for fuel instead of sugar. So, no sugar for me... just bone broths and meat stews with low starch vegetables. (No Corn) I do however drink lots of cranberry juice - actual cranberry juice with no additives... it helps to get rid of toxins, prevents bladder and uti infections. And - I have my Kombucha drinks.

13. jameshan

jameshan Newcomer

14. Mala

Mala Well known member

I've been doing Paleo for 8 weeks now. I eat fruit, make a lot of fish, lamb, stir fries, stews, salads, egg dishes from scratch. I love cooking so it's been good. I stick with the plan but I also have had a few cheat days & don't obsess too much about getting it right all the time. Here r some things I cook. The potatoes in the fish dish r for my husband who is half Irish. Lol

Attached Files:

mike2014 and yb44 like this.
  15. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Looks yummy, Mala. Love the fish-shaped plate.

mike2014 likes this.