1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

new

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by chris1234, Jul 2, 2015.

1. chris1234

chris1234 Newcomer

I am new to all this but very encouraged after watching the 20/20 video. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease 6 months ago. Surgery was recommended. I went to chiropractor who said it was TMS and so I am on my journey.

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

lucky you! 6 months is relatively short term so you should make a great recovery.

3. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Chris,

It's a very rewarding journey of self-discovery. If you responded to the 20/20 piece, definitely check out the some of the videos and webinars on the site. You may find them helpful too.

Best-

Forest likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Chris. That was a very good and helpful chiropractor who said your pain is from TMS.
    You don't need surgery. I urge you to start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum on this web site. It will help you to learn more about TMS and the emotional causes of pain.

My favorite TMS healing techniques are deep breathing, mindfulness (living in the present moment), and journaling to discover the emotional causes of pain.

There also are some excellent free videos about TMS and Dr. Sarno on Youtube. Also lots of relaxation videos there.

It's good to think of TMS as a journey. It is more than just healing from pain. It is an adventure in self-discovery that helps us to be happier and healthier than we ever imagined. And without medication or surgery.

5. Rubineo

Rubineo New Member

Hello Chris!

Welcome - and good luck. I think you are in the lucky position that even your chiropractor confirmed TMS. So you should be able to give it a 100% try without any doubts...

Christian