KellyMartinSpeaks
New Member
Hi there, I recently was introduced to TMS through some videos a friend sent me and also just reading DR SARNO's book The Divided Mind.
I realise over the years I have had TMS but I am struggling a bit to understand how things are going to change right now.
Prior to looking into TMS I was practising a mindful path which is basically feeling my feelings, embracing what comes up so when I was hit with another bout of back ache, neck, head-ache, jaw-ache etc etc... (moving around but generally in back and neck), I was determined to understand this.
My personality has been a people pleasing/needing to be good/too many pressures on myself most of my life but I want to change all of this now (hence mindfulness).
What is frustrating me is most of the pain is at my computer (tried 3 chairs so know it must not be chair). Most of my work is at the PC and I have recently started putting my writing out there on the www much more and there has been fear about this and more self pressure.
A few weeks back before I heard about TMS I was feeling the back pain and also telling my house-mate ' there is pain but I feel a lot of sadness in my heart chakra and my throat chakra' so I knew it was something else.
So I am aware, my mind has been protecting me from inner stuff in my unconscious, I am more than prepared to feel this emotionally. I would personally rather feel my emotions than the pain. So I feel kinda stumped on why nothing is shifting.
I look forward to your insights and expertise, I am new to this and have begun a rage journal.
Kelly
I realise over the years I have had TMS but I am struggling a bit to understand how things are going to change right now.
Prior to looking into TMS I was practising a mindful path which is basically feeling my feelings, embracing what comes up so when I was hit with another bout of back ache, neck, head-ache, jaw-ache etc etc... (moving around but generally in back and neck), I was determined to understand this.
My personality has been a people pleasing/needing to be good/too many pressures on myself most of my life but I want to change all of this now (hence mindfulness).
What is frustrating me is most of the pain is at my computer (tried 3 chairs so know it must not be chair). Most of my work is at the PC and I have recently started putting my writing out there on the www much more and there has been fear about this and more self pressure.
A few weeks back before I heard about TMS I was feeling the back pain and also telling my house-mate ' there is pain but I feel a lot of sadness in my heart chakra and my throat chakra' so I knew it was something else.
So I am aware, my mind has been protecting me from inner stuff in my unconscious, I am more than prepared to feel this emotionally. I would personally rather feel my emotions than the pain. So I feel kinda stumped on why nothing is shifting.
I look forward to your insights and expertise, I am new to this and have begun a rage journal.
Kelly