1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New to this site - legs, SI joint, sciatica? Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shalya1012, Nov 24, 2015.

1. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

I have been through this TMS and have over came symptoms of the past. I read Sarno & I believe in it. Over the past five yrs I have been able to low off all kinds of aches and pains. However I think I am relapsing. Last May we moved, packed up whole family int oa renal while we build. All our things are in storage and life is cramped, builder taking forever = tons of stress. Then my husband had to leave for work for six weeks leaving me here handling everything and our three kids.
    It came on like a few days after he left, severe anxiety, two migraines, a tooth had to get pulled and then it finally settled into this horrible leg pain. I ended up in the ER. Both glutes down both legs horrible pain, hurts to lay, hurts to sleep. X rays show nothing, although last yr I did fall on my tailbone but it looks fine on the Xray.
    So my pain moves from side to side, sometimes both, sometimes really bad sometime ok. I LOVE running, cant run. Loosing my mind here. I have no shortage of reasons my "inner child" is pissed. But I don't really know what to do from here. I think its TMS i am just not 100% and if it is I really dont know what to do about it. I cant change all the stress happening right now. Or is it just an over use injury from running? Any advice would be forever appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shalya. What a nice name you have. Your anxiety, headaches, and leg pain are examples of what our subconscious gives us when we are stressed out,
    and your move, your husband being away and leaving you with the kids are good reasons for the symptoms. X rays show nothing structural so it is TMS.
    But you have to believe in TMS 100 percent. I doubt you hurt yourself running, so try to keep it up. Or just fast walking. Tell yourself a positive mantra while running or walking: "I will ignore the pain. It is not structural, it is from my emotions."

3. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

I swear my left butt check was spasming BAD and now its my right hamstring. Within an hr of each other! Grr this is so frustrating,.
    What I do not understand is once I admit 100% it is TMS to myself, what do I do? What do I tell myself, I cant make all of these stresses I have go away to make my inner child happy. I have a lot of upcomign stress, its part of life, what do I do with that?
    THANK YOU!