1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New To all of this and need some guidance

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by catherineinky, Jan 20, 2014.

1. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

I am looking for answers and need some guidance. My Pain started in my shoulder, I was told I had a pinched nerve by one doctor another told me shoulder problem. I received a cortisone shot and went down hill fast. Not only did my right arm hurt, so did my left. My neck started to hurt, both legs. I was told I had MS, spinal tap ruled that out. Blood patch to fix that mess... Then I was told it was vascular and then was told they didn't know. I have been ill for over a year with every kind of pain one can imagine. I was completely healthy until the cortisone shot. I stupidly goggled every symptom I had, which I am sure made it worse. I have burning in the mouth and facial heaviness, arm heaviness and leg. I need to over come all this and need some help. I am sure it is TMS.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes it is, You've had all the test so you can bet it is tms. I've had most the problems you got and came through fine with tms knowledge therapy. Have you read any of Sarnos books yet -- it would be very advisable to watch the Sarno video I posted on here back in December -
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/this-is-it-guys-the-sarno-video-wow.3336/

After you watch the video it would be good to start the SEP program here that has helped everyone that has done it ok.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program

I've had the shoulder issues and and the neck and both legs, and every pain imaginable when I was bed-ridden for almost a year -- 11 months , so know your talking to someone who knows how you feel plus theirs many other Good people here that will give you advice too.
    Welcome aboard
    Bless You

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

Oh thank you for your response. This has drove me around the bend a time or two. I am a avid horse rider and need to get better... I think the cortisone shot set it all off, never had anxiety before. Then I started to worry that the chiropractor did something, then the shot, then the test after test after test. My freind scared the crap out of me and told me I probably had lyme disease, because I dug a tick off me... on and on and on. the pain just kept getting worse. The depression set in.. it has been horrible. I will watch the videos you recommend . The back pain is gone, i am just dealing with the face heavy feeling and weird mouth and weird shoulder stiffness. Really not pain just heavy feeling.. except fo rthe mouth of course.. thats painful..

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Watch the Sarno Video and you'll get a lot better :)
    then finish your journey with the SEP

5. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

Okay, Eric.. may I call you Eric? Thank you again for you help. :)

6. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

And I have read both Sarno books. I just completed one tonight.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Make sure to really take your time and let it all sink in. You want to really get this knowledge like second nature ok.

8. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

Okay. I will. I am reading now.

9. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Catherine,

I'm new here too, but I'm a little bit further down the road to recovery. I just wanted to pass something on which will hopefully comfort you. I started with migraines, and ended up with my back and limbs in agony too, and a host of other problems, anyway I had NEVER had pain in my arm until a nurse took some blood from me for testing, then HEY PRESTO dreadful pain in BOTH my arms, so you're not alone in your experience.

Be kind to yourself, and know we're all going to be well again wavea

10. catherineinky

catherineinky New Member

Mermaid , thank you for responding. I am scared too death I have something else going on.

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Catherine. Don't be scared. Don't let anyone tell you that you have Lyme disease or anything else.
    You have TMS from repressed emotions. We all have them and just need to discover what they are,
    then our pain goes away, as Dr. Sarno says in his books and the video. I love the video. The good doctor
    really explains TMS well, and the people listening to his lecture ask all the right questions. I know that's
    like a video commercial, but it's a way of getting Sarno's answers repeated as simple as can be.

Herbie is great, isn't he! We met over a year ago through the TMSWiki and he helped heal me of back pain
    by some techniques that we are putting in a new book we're writing together. It is finished, now just
    fine-tuning it.

Dr. Sarno's books are wonderful for explaining TMS but slim on how to heal from it.
    Herbie and I are offering techniques for healing.
    But the thing to start with for you or anyone is to do the journaling about your present and past
    so you can find the repressed emotions. You may not think you have any, because your conscious mind
    doesn't think you have, but your unconscious mind knows you do. Something recent may have triggered
    a memory from the past, even as far back as your childhood, that created a trauma that caused anger.
    Dr. Sarno says rage is the main cause of our repressed emotions and that rage is just anger accumulated
    over the years. Look into yourself and you will heal yourself, and even quicker than you may think.

Be good to yourself. You're worth it!

Thanks, too, Mermaid, for your encouragement.

12. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Catherine,

I've been through all that blood letting voodoo myself. I've had CT scans, MRI scans and every blood test they could think of. They once gave me a nerve block (cortisone & anaesthetic) in my head, not an experience I care to repeat, and it made me ten times worse. All that worrying makes you more tense, so more pain, so more worry around in a loop. I've spent on small fortune in medical bills and alternative treatments all for nothing. Eric's right, you need to keep on re-reading Dr.Sarno's books, let it really hit home and you will get a huge sense of relief in realising that you can get past this. When I started by read "The mindbody prescription" I recognised myself on every page, do you think it fits your personality type? Try reading "The Great Pain Deception" by Steven Ray Ozanich too, that gave me confidence to just try to move past this thing. Remember is harmless, temporary and costs nothing to fix, how cool is that !

Chin up, you're in good company :happy: