1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by karenesin, Apr 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. karenesin

karenesin Newcomer

I know I have TMS. I first joined this website a couple of months ago and have been doing the work. The initial pain I was having in my lower right quadrant (spastic colon) has cleared up significantly. It is still amazing to me that I posses this much power over my brain.

What I have noticed however is that my allergies are flaring up. I've had at least 3 colds in 2019 and have been taking daily allergy medicine for years along with allergy shots. Usually I don't get sick this often. I've been teaching for over 15 years and feel like I've built up decent immunity. My diet does not include gluten and minimal dairy products and try to eat unprocessed food.

I'm wondering if anyone else has linked environmental/food allergies to TMS? Could my brain have shifted the problem from my abdomen to my allergies?

Any feedback would be welcome! Thank you.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi kerenesin,

Yes, allergies are considered by most to be a "TMS equivalent."

Increasing colds and allergy symptoms are often psychologically-, or stress-based, as often reported on this forum. So they might increase as you have decrease in other symptoms, ala "the symptom imperative."

Using diet to treat allergies may be a distraction to simply acknowledging that the symptoms are harmless, psychosomatic, and will go away on their own.

In my case, long-standing pollen and cat allergies dropped away as I did the TMS work on pain. So have confidence!

Yes you do.

Andy B

3. karenesin

karenesin Newcomer

Thank you Andy B! I would love to get to a place where I can eat what I'd like to eat. I think it is more a case of that I've convinced my brain that I have these food allergies and the ALCAT food sensitivity chart confirmed it. But if I can connect it all to emotions/stress than I can slowly take back my health. I agree that using diet to treat my allergies is a distraction and not getting to the underlying cause which is emotional. I'll always strive to eat clean but I'd love to get to a place where I don't obsess over it.

I've stopped my allergy shots and the week I decided to do this my allergies flared. It's almost as if my brain knew what I was up to and rebelled. This certainly is an interesting journey.

Thanks for feedback!