1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Challenges

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ami85, May 6, 2023.

1. ami85

ami85 Newcomer

Hello,

I've been in this group for a while and have never made a post. I have been able to successfully treat my chronic pain with Curable and other mind body books and coaching (2 months) and for that I am very grateful. After the pain subsided, I had severe anxiety that was probably underlying my pain. These concerns are primarily centered around my son who is on the autism spectrum. With the help of the DARE App and Buddy Group, I've also made progress on anxiety, although I'm not exempt. I am a social worker and have not been able to work for a long time due to my symptoms. It has always been my dream to become self-employed and set up my own care and social counseling service. Now I'm at this point and I'm noticing my symptoms are flaring up. It's like my brain is classifying work as dangerous or part of me is fighting it. I wanted to ask if anyone can share their experience with me on this topic. I always had very stressful jobs before and never paid attention to my own needs, but I think that this work will basically do me good because I can also organize it in such a way that it is more flexible for me and I do it with a mother who does it also has a kind of disability.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@ami85
    I think you might find some of the comments in this post useful -especially the parts about thinking “doom” thoughts (moving home) and finding a solution, and realizing that personality aspects could drive symptoms (here, people pleasing) https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/tms-and-work-career.6787/ (Day 31 - TMS and Work/Career)

there are a few other “going back to work” or “returning to work” related old threads if you do a search using this icon at the top of the page