1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

never seems to end

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by phillyjoe, Nov 25, 2013.

1. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

Greetings. My knee continues to heal and doing well I have my first basketball ref scrimmage this Saturday. Trying not to be overly anxious with "what if" thoughts. But, it never seems to end with me. I have had a left ear ringing that came out of nowhere the past month. Went to Ear Dr. tells me my hearing is good for 58 and have to just live with this. I know this can be TMS, but just so frustrated with this new development. I can't seem to get my TMS work that helps with my back to help relieve this new condition. Like Mike in Godftaher 3, every time I try to feel normal TMS keeps bringing me back in emotional/physical pain. Could use some words of wisdom or even words of butt kicking. Thank you.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, PhillyJoe. I'm 83 and begen having tinnitis ear ringing when I was about 35. Ear doctor said nothing can be done for it
    and just live with it. I have been and most of the time I can ignore it. Especially if I'm watching a good movie.
    I don't even hear it. Don't let it trouble you. It could have begun for you at age 58 but think how lucky you are not to have
    gotten it sooner. Some TMS repressed emotion probably brought it on, more than age.

Good luck refereeing Saturday.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Godfather 3 sounds like it is a good example of TMS in pop culture.
    I saw the movie years ago and don't remember it.
    Can you tell me a little more about Mike and his emotional/physical pain?

4. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt, but I was hoping for a TMS cure. I am working on Dr. Schubinder's book and finding it helpful. My anxiety has been very high since my knee surgery. I just feel like anytime I get a small break hrough a new symptom appears. And like I communicated before. I am struggling with how to apply the TMS framework to this new problem. Like many TMS'ers, I just want to get up one day and not think about how I'm feeling. Is there a Tuesday night call-in?

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, This Tuesday night at 9:00 pm. Give us a call tomorrow. I bet the topics have a lot of us in it. Type Ts and Goodist. Hum.

Now a word from me OK. Its complete acceptance with everything you are in life phillyjoe and a complete happiness with all that you are. If your out of balance even with stressing over pain you are still giving in to the power of tms. You'll learn to become outcome independent in which you don't care or give heed to what the pain or symptom is doing.
    When you get to where you just are not bothered with these issues and anxieties that are swarming around your head and you can still balance on 1 leg at a time (Self control of will power) then you get some reconditioned patterns that will set you free. Check out the TMS recovery program with Alan Gordon and you should get more great advice. Its outcome independence, look for it. http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

Thanks
    and Remember love yourself a lot ok
    I know us men don't like to do that much
    So im saying it, be very compassionate and peaceful with phillyjoe ya know

North Star likes this.
  6. nancy

nancy Well known member

You are soo powerful Eric, Thank You, nancy

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

Thank you Eric. Over the past year I have been working on a personal "addiction" trait that has controlled me for many years. Through my personal faith and even TMS work I have achieved self-control but at the same time didn't feel content or happy. There is a term called "Dry Drunk' (my addiction was not alcohol/drug based) where someone is not using but there personality, attitude, and behavior makes others think they are using. I was really confused that my mood had not changed. I had a minor relapse in October after a year and BANG my ear starts ringing. TMS? Old age? Loud rock and roll? I am going to taking your comments to heart and give myself a break tonight. Thank you, and I hope to call in Tuesday.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

phillyjoe id say to keep working on that self control , your doing great if you got it under control. The next step is to tottally change your will with more practice and belief seeing yourself happy and complete in visualizations and meditations. Do the TMS Recovery Program too, itll help you understand a lot about why we get stuck at times.

The last clause, about your mood, well it probably didn't change if you think it might not have ya know so its more work through acceptance and soothing getting lifes pressures under control ya know. Were perplexed with so many thoughts and reactions just automatically happening that at times we think our brain is just out of range of self control but the truth is we've got to keep going in the direction of control so we can eventually win the battle.

If you ever get a chance to read some Abraham Low books then go and do that- Hes very good at teaching you how to get self control and once you figure it out youll be telling everyone about it and you'll finally beat this tms issue. Its all about balance so remeber to keep yourself safe right now by accepting your on the right track, you just got to keep learning till it clicks and I believe you'll be just fine my friend.

9. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Phillyjoe, that ear ringing is classic for high anxiety. My goodness I had it B-A-D! It's been gone for a good while now, I had forgotten I had it until I read your post. Fearing it will be with you will keep it around, so let it go! Enjoy your time on the court!

10. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you were there, philly joe, but in Chapter 16 of Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception, Steve notes on p. 221 that "long protracted periods without healing can indicate a fear of lifting the mask to reveal what is underneath. This inner stubbornness is often accompanied by tinnitus". It sounds like you may be stuck in one of those periodic stubborn phases in the TMS healing process.

11. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Every time someone says "tinnitus" I've got it! How TMS is that? All these references to this evening's discussion are frustrating. I so wanted to be there (awesome chapters) but couldn't. Phooey.

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, all. Bruce, Steve may be right about tinnitus returning or intensifying because of TMS.
    When my mind is on other things I don't have it.

njoy, I'll look into IFS. Happy Thanksgiving!

13. BruceMC

I have a hunch, Walt, that all that ear-nose-throat stuff, like tinnitus and bruxism (TMJ, tooth grinding, etc.), are symptoms associated with TMS tendonaglia. When the back pain subsides, the tooth grinding begins, when the tooth grinding stops, the tinnitus starts up. All different variations of the symptom imperative, symptom substitution dance during TMS healing. I guess the good new is that those symptoms are more minor than laying flat on your back housebound with lower lumbar spasms. Improvements, but still a nuisance.

14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Bruce. I agree but it's always helpful to get feedback like yours.
    TMSX Tendonaglia is a great word. Somehow makes me feel wealthy to have it. haha

15. BruceMC

A rose by any other name . . . ! How about tendinitis? Hurts just the same!

16. Eric "Herbie" Watson

phillyjoe I didnt get to talk with ya like id wanted to last night, I apologize for that. I really believe if you keep writing and letting us know how your doing that we will come to an agreement on the issue. I like Pandagirls thoughts on losing any fear of it. Its not simple and you have to make a habit of not focusing on the body but I know with some acceptance that you can do it philly joe. We all have shadows and thats the bottom line. Theres things that are private in all our lives thats just as well as we not share them dew to personal info ya know. I think BruceMC is hitting at if its something that is just burning you up on the inside and you have to talk about it to someone then were here.

We have self imposed pressures that we need let go, we have compulsive traits that we can reprogram. We have a tendency to feel guilt over the smallest things, also compulsions to please and so much more. Life is full of these trivialities that with enough of reprogramming we can change anything.

Bless you