1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Neurosurgeon failed

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by whofeelslove, Feb 3, 2016.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

hi folks
    After 2 years of lower leg pain and foot numbness and doing everything possible even going about TMS healing the wrong way, I had surgery in May 2015 and it was a failure and my faith in the "best neurosurgeon in the area" was lost..so I came back to TMS with a new approach and what have I got to lose attitude. I have had pain free times and reduced symptoms. But not continued pain free for long..I did the SEP once and reduced my symptoms somewhat and had hope but it came back month or so after. It's really trying to kick my butt this time and I'm trying hard to not monitor my pain or stay in fear to long but it's not easy.
    I remember my neurosurgeons assistant seeing my not long after my surgery after I had pain return in my leg etc and after an MRI said I'd reherniated my disk?? Not possible as it was done in my sleep???
    He causally said that it was possible that my disc is being crushed by my spine and the next step would be a fusion..I said no way I'd rather live with it thank you..
    My neurosurgeon said ignore the comments but it wasn't easy too yet I'm still here and say 4 of
    Round 2 of SEP. thank you for all your hard work that you do here and you keep me sane
    Ian

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Doctor's play such a powerful role in our minds. Everything they say is held up as the word of God. We believe, we follow and their words reverberate in our minds. For years I followed the directions of an Orthopedic surgeon specializing in Scoliosis.

I am now doing the exact opposite of what he said. I play athletic sports, I bend, I twist, I jump, I run and I fall. I have no pain. 90% of my spine is fused. My future is very bright when he said it was very bleak. The hospital named a wing after him. How many others had their future ended?

How lucky am I to find Dr. SARNO and this site.

Brant likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ian,

I am glad you are continuing with the Dr. Sarno work. I was scheduled for nerve release surgery, and it was BS. I am so glad I didn't go through with it. I was in terrible pain for three years, and could hardly walk. Now I ski and hike every chance I can get. Dancing tonight on hard wood floors, thumbing and banging!

I wonder if you saw this:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-to-get-rid-of-your-pain-in-7-minutes.11437/

In addition to having some great teaching in the recording, note Forest's entry toward the end. He suggests --and I forget to mention to folks-- to do the Recovery Program!!! So I hope you do this piece at the Wiki too.

Good luck.

Andy B

4. Moppy

Moppy Peer Supporter

Wow..that is anamazing story on that recording Andy. Ian, i think its great you are coming back to SEP for round 2. I am up to day 33 on my first round and still have heaps to learn and suspect I'll be following in your footsteps. Ive had some pretty encouraging pain free times over the last few weeks since starting the program but am in relapse mode at the moment and feeling quite discouraged so its great to read your post and Andy's response with the Alan Gordon link, and also to hear Stella's success story again. This forum is such a help...I doubt I'd stay the distance without it. All the best, Ian

5. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

Thank you all for your lovely responses and the AG audio is pretty cool..
    I'm on day 6 of the SEP and this time round I'm really starting to think more deeply with the emotional issues and keep going forwards
    Regards Ian