1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Nerve ending pain (legs)-really annoyed

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tgirl, Nov 25, 2015.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I have already posted about the prickly nerve endings on my legs (that moves around), but are always just on my legs, so I feel bad posting about it again but it really has me upset tonight. I also get a sick sort of surging feeling in my chest. I have had all of this on and off for 10 years (3 long episodes). I am not sure why it went away in the past. After many tests and doctors appointments nothing has ever be found-the picture of health apparently. Ha ha!!!

I feel I should add that I used to get lightheaded on and off years ago. Once it lasted for 3 years if you can imagine. Again, I was tested to no end and no cause could be found. I was told it could be stress related. The light headed feeling went away and a few months later the prickly stuff started up. This last episode began after a long period of stress, so TMS makes sense in that case, but the first time it started was during a flu, so my head keeps going to this bit of information. I keep thinking the flu damaged something....... When I bring that up to doctors they really don't reply. They can't find any abnormal test results.

I even had an irritated bladder for several months that just went away (many years ago). All these strange symptoms with no cause ever discovered.

Could all of this be TMS? Thanks!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, tgirl. I think you need to do two things: 1) believe 100 percent that doctors have found nothing wrong with you, and
    2) believe 100 percent that your symptoms are caused by TMS emotions. Your subconscious mind is sending the symptoms so you discover the emotional causes for them.

If you haven't done the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site, I urge you to begin it because it will help you to discover those emotions that are causing your pains.

And be thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for all the blessings you have. I bet is is a long list.

3. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thank you Walt. I must admit I have only gotten to day 3 in the program, but I will continue.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Rsoup

Rsoup New Member

Sick surging feeling in your chest= fear and anxiety
    Ive had all those problems before, definitely TMS, the lightheaded stuff scares the hell out of me, but Ive now realized what it is. Its seems there is no end to the type of manifestations TMS will take on.

tgirl likes this.
  5. avik

avik Well known member

TGirl-

I had paresthesia/neurolgia (as the docs call it) so bad, that I could not put on clothing for days at a time.
    I had this prickly, needle point type feeling that originated in my right leg but ultimately covered my entire body.
    It was so damn painful and uncomfortable that I couldnt wear cotton and I couldnt sleep on sheets, so I slept on my hardwood floors.
    No joke.

Fortunately however, this was the final straw for me and it marked the beginning of the end for my battle with TMS.

It forced me to stay in my apartment for days on end, during which time I cried my eyes out and just journalled. On and off all day long.

You should be happy to know it was one of the first symptoms of my many TMS ailments that left.

Accept that its TMS.
    Write about your feelings and draw correlations between your current mindset and the pain you are in. They are there. I promise.
    Then IGNORE and go about your day...no matter how hard that sounds.

Boston Redsox, JanAtheCPA and tgirl like this.
  6. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Rsoup and avik thank you for your posts. You are encouraging knowing that better times are ahead. I hope you are both well.:)

Crissyxox likes this.
  7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx for sharing i have the same issues its terrible

Markus likes this.
  8. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Is it completely gone now?

9. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Drew, I’d like to say yes, but the answer is no. The only difference now is that over the last few months I have really decided it’s mind/body. I’ve read about enough people who had similar symptoms and got better, knowing it was TMS. A kind guy wrote me once and said his symptoms were very much like mine and he thought he was ill. Once he accepted it was anxiety related it went away.

I think the key is to stop looking for answers, stop googling and live life. Stop the fear in its tracks. Dan Buglio gives great videos on this everyday. Watch those, but stop searching.

Are you improving?

10. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Omg yes dan is amazing.

Mine are up and down.. for the longest time two years ago they did go away.

but yeah I’m addicted to searching for answers and can’t stop and go live my life cause I feel I missed something or someone’s story will be perfect

11. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Drew, this searching is a trap. I got caught in it too, but not anymore. I used to look for a person with exactly what I had. I think there are enough of us with nerve type stuff, and it’s gone away for so many. I too, had it go away only to return during a time of awful stress. Did yours return during stress?

Let it go. Don’t search.

12. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yess totally and it was mainly stres of the sensations and me wanting to get rid of them completely going looking for answers to neurologists and then ending up even worse than ever in last 3 years .. can u belive that..
    My best time was when I stopped reading and looking for answers and started working out a lot like I used to love doing..

are u 100 percent sure all these sensations are just stress and anxiety and if I stop the worry anxiety about sensation cycle it’ll slowly leave??

13. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

You’ve been tested by neurologists, and I’m assuming they found nothing? I was checked out by three neurologists and had all the tests they do. Nothing could be found. Si logic would say it’s TMS for both of us.

You said you felt better once you stopped fixating on it, so there’s your answer.

14. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yeah but it never completely went even I got so much better so I wanted to get rid of it all completely.. definitely an anxiety stress diagnosis is way better.

problem with neurologist was they never did much tests and never had an answer were always like yeah could be small fiber neuropathy could be not we don’t know. Either way here’s the medications so that didn’t help me got me soooo much worse and worried

15. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Did it ever fully go away? I’ve noticed a few people responded to you saying they had similar symptoms and they are fine now. They just had to let their systems settle down. I think your system is on overdrive.

Also, look what Avik wrote, above. It makes so much sense.

16. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yeah never fully that’s why I kept coming back

17. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Read what Avik wrote above. His went away. Calm your system down and just live life, that is the answer..Did this all begin during stress? What was happening in your life at the time?

Drew likes this.
  18. Boston Redsox

Drew, tgirl is right and believe me I know ..it's the hardest easiest thing we can do

Drew likes this.
  19. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Yeah did your get better now?

@tgirl yes well it was all stress and worry about trying to cure myself completely now as I had more than a solid year going into a second one with minor releases but then u was determined to find a cause which led me to more tease her more doc and the most horrible relapse of these sensations ever. 2017/2018 I got into my workout and life and forgot about it for so long almost

20. Boston Redsox

No Drew

like tgirl after many years I finally excepted Tms as my true cause for my pain ...slowly I am taking steps to overcome my fear and live my life and not care about my pain