Here are my 2 cents. When I was referred to the neurologist for the nerve conduction study with CTS as a diagnosis (which I never believed in the first place, because CTS does not cause involuntary contractions of the fingers, per all the medical publications that I was able to find), the doc told me that I had a clear degradation of electric signal in both hands, bad enough to be referred for a surgery. When I asked him how confident he was in the CTS diagnosis, he gave me 75% of his confidence level. I asked, what about the other 25%? His response was that 75% was more than 25%. I assume that meant that if they flip the coin we should go for the tails. Or maybe heads - depending on what side of the coin looks shinier to us. Then, after my continuous questioning about contractions of the tendons, he told me that he had a patient once who had higher level of degradation in the hand that was pain-free, while the less degraded hand was actually in severe pain. Does this sound similar to the famous MRI of the healthy backs study that Dr. Sarno quotes in his book? To me, that talk with the neurologist made it very clear that nerve conduction study means nothing. Two months after that appointment I read Sarno's book. Three months later, the same doc confirmed that I had Complex Regional Pain Syndrome with dystonia, a diagnosis that I had to pull out of him, by laying the symptoms in front of him and asking him to google for CRPS and Budapest Protocol (a diagnostic technique). The reason why I wanted him to confirm that I had CRPS was very simple: Sarno mentioned in his book that CRPS (aka RDS) is TMS. Once I got the official diagnosis from the official doctor (amazing what kind of reaffirmations our brain would need to accept the TMS diagnosis!), I started healing. I am still struggling mightily with dystonia and random bouts of pain throughout my body, but my hands are about 70% pain-free. Isn't that a confirmation that Sarno is right and that permanent nerve damage is a patented BS? And BS here does not mean Bachelor of Science, it means exactly what you must suspect .