1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Anthony, Dec 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anthony

Anthony New Member

I need help !!!!!! I have been dealing with low back pain for 10 years now. The first 6 years was so bad i was bed ridden for one week every 2 months. Then i read dr sarnos book and stopped everything I was doing to help my problem. stretching, pt, icing, hanging upside down, ETC. I went pain free for 1 year. I thought I was cured. Since then I feel like I have been 85 % cured. Only minor pain somedays and learned to shake it off. Then about 4 months ago it happened again. All I did was stand up from the dinner table and I was stuck in bed for 2 weeks. But since then it never went back to normal. I can't stand up straight and I am in pain everyday. I still try and workout to convince myself its TMS but it keeps coming back. I really am lost and don't know what to do. I even made a apt at the laser spine doc on jan 2nd. I just can't live like this anymore. Any suggestions ??? PS I love the gym and stay training while in pain. And I also did everything under the sun for the pain except surgery.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. You've come to the right place as people here know what you are experiencing.

Many of us have found that just reading about TMS provides only a temporary recovery, as it did for you. Most of us have to do more. There are many free resources available to you here on this site to help you with your TMS recovery. There is the Supported Education Program and the new Pain Recovery Program by Alan Gordon. They are somewhat different, but both have been very helpful to many people. So take a look at them and dive in.

It is also very helpful to read the Success Stories on the Forum, and to continue reading about TMS.

Let us know how you're doing and feel free to ask specific questions. We are all here to support one another.

JanAtheCPA and mm718 like this.