1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help what am i missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Marinedad, May 31, 2018.

1. Marinedad

Marinedad Well known member

Been suffering for a long , read all the books saw a tms dr did the therapy open my sole and feeling , and still suffering constant burning pain for 7 years don’t know what else to do

untangledweb likes this.
  2. untangledweb

untangledweb Peer Supporter

Hi,
    How long has it been since you’ve read the books? I’m new here as well. I’ve been reminded that only a few get instant relief. Most people, it is a journey. I “know” it’s TMS. I’m just “patently” waiting for my body to know it as well. I just started reading Facing the Fire and doing the exercises for releasing anger and rage. I’ve never really thought of myself as angry, or raged, but my body begs to differ.
    Hang in there. You’re not alone.

3. untangledweb

p s
    Scroll down to the thread “ day 16, Emotional Repression. It might be helpful.

Marinedad likes this.
  4. Marinedad

Day 16 of what

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am not sure the specifics of what you have engaged, but you are getting encouragement. I suggest you patiently keep at it. Each person finds their own way, and I am convinced that this is possible for everyone.

For some folks this might mean a year or more of direct support with a skilled helper, such as described in Pathways to Pain Relief by Anderson and Sherman. These are psychotherapists trained with and by Dr. Sarno, and many of the stories show long-term work does work. I wish you the best in your steadfastness and creative engagement with the process.

6. Marinedad

I have been with a trained tms therpist for a year ...and yes we uncovered some dark eveil things ..i still have not seen any relief maybe trying to hard I dont know . I been reading this site for 7 years never joining it but maybe that my mistake

7. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marinedad,

I hope you continue, and I hope you have some compassion for yourself. I am glad you have the support you do, and maybe it will be helpful to post more here, and be known.

Andy B

8. untangledweb

I understand how frustrating it is to not have the relief we so desperately want and need. My pain level this morning is ridiculous, but it has changed and moved and I know that that is a positive thing. It just doesn’t feel like it very much when you’re in it. My therapist is not trained nor had ever heard of TMS. But she has heard of other things that are of the same thing. I gave her Dr. Sarno’s book, healing back pain. Talking with her, is not enough for me. That was why I started reading Facing the Fire. Just knowing that I have anger issues is not enough for me. I have begun doing some of the exercises that are recommended for getting anger out in a safe way to myself and others. I have had such a disconnect from my anger for so long that it is foreign to me. But it is in me. It’s just been stuff down for so long, and my body has taken a hit. I know this all sucks. And that is an understatement. Hang in there with me OK?

9. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

I can only agree with the others: you need to be patient with yourself. Have you tried to change something in your life? Something that might keep you stuck in certain patterns of behaviour?

untangledweb likes this.
  10. Marinedad

Well these are the changes that have happened to me within a year: I changed jobs, got divorced a year ago, have a girl friend , my son is a new Marine, my daughter is moving out and got her own place, one of my 2 dogs of 15 years had to be put down...so with a little over a year these new changes have happened

11. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

uhh, that's a lot of changes. Don't you think you might just need time to process all this? And these are different types of changes. Sometimes a change of jobs or a divorce is really good and helps in healing. And you must be proud of your son. A daughter who moves out might be also have sad aspects and of course your dogs.
    Have you tried the new program of Alan Gordon, you find the link at top of this page. You just have to give yourself time...

12. Marinedad

Yes I am very familiar with the program I actually spoke to Alan a few times he's a really caring person who really wants to help..
    Yes very proud of both of my children..i am starting to feel a little alone now.. in the house a year ago I had 2 dogs 2 grown children . Now a year later me and my 1 dog big turn around .
    But children need to carve there own path in this world

13. untangledweb

I’ve found out that changes, no matter how positive they are, are stressful to me. It’s just the way I seem to be wired.
    I can step back and observe the weird fears of positive things that take me out if my comfort zone. It’s really strange. I can definitely feel it in my body and it pisses me off! ugh...really? again?
    Intellectually I get it. I know it’s TMS, but my body isn’t getting it yet. Some days are better than others....(heavy sigh)

westb and Lainey like this.
  14. Marinedad

Same with me , I just dont understand how these emotions ruin us phyiscaly ...once we get the tms concept regarding repressed emotions and that we dont particullay need to know what it is excactaly thats causing our phyiscal pain, why it doesnt at least settle down and say hey he knows whats going on we better stop this pain..After 8 years of pain which as not settle down at all I find myself in so much doubt....that this is all BULLSHIT..but the evidence is clear that its not.

15. untangledweb

I know, I don’t get it either. Yesterday wasn’t too bad and this morning, pain. I know it’s about the journey and not about the destination, but this truly sucks. I’m doing everything that I know of to do. I listen to the lecture from Peter Levine yesterday and it made total sense. But here I am today, and trying not to be pissed off about it. We do the best we can. But my patience meter is definitely being tested

16. Marinedad

It can be a terrible journey if we let it

17. Dsurfs

Dsurfs New Member

Try challenging the pain. If you dread walking, try walking. Once just before I got on my bike for a morning ride, my right (artificial) hip started screaming sharp pains at me. I was ready for something like that and laughed at it (out loud), and within 6 or 8 pedals it was gone. I've done this with walking too. Getting out of the house can be part of it too - even in your own neighborhood there will be things that are different every day - and say hello to anyone you pass (sometimes it's a challenge to get them to do the same back - work on that - it's good for your neighborhood).

18. untangledweb

I started doing yoga again. Usually, after a mildly strenuous practice I would wake up the next day in horrible pain. My neck, jaws and face would be killing me. The day after this practice...nothing. I can’t tell you how happy this has made me! It also reiterated TMS as the culprit of the pain. I practiced 3 times last week. I was sore, but in a good way. I went on Monday and am going today.
    What a difference a change in perspective makes :)