1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

need help(Somatization disorder)

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by fanna786, Aug 15, 2013.

1. fanna786

fanna786 New Member

Hello everybody, I am farhan 31 years old, I am facing a problem from last 11 years, i feel pain in the back side of head(occipital). and every time dizzy, spikes of vertigo,pain, numbness in feet and hands. cant do any hardwork just like play any sports. Cant able to run if i run , i feel severe pain, numbness, tingling and vision is like shaking moving left right up down. My all test are normal like CT scan, MRI, EEG, Xray. Doctor told me that you are suffering from somatization disorder and gave me anti depressant. From last 11 years my problem triggers 6 to 8 times very intense that i have to spend time on bed nearly 4 to 6 months and have to take sertraline HCL continous. And slowly slowly i reached up to 150mg, starting from 50 mg. When i take medicine i feel better gradually, but never find myself 100 percent cure. Some days feel better then again pain and dizzy. it is up and down like a stock exchange graph. i saw the TMS forum and i am reading the Dr Sarno book "The divided mind". I am pretty much sure that i am facing a TMS. I am so much frustrate and exhausted that i cant explain here. I am doing Phd and i didnt start my research work from last one year. So guys please help me guide me, give suggestion too me what i have to do,,,,,,,,,i will be very thankful to all of you who is going forward to help me. Regards Farhan

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I started with the Structured Program, Farhan. It's featured on this wiki, and takes about 40 days to complete, but it can change your life! Each day there are a few items to read and reflect on, and an activity. If Sarno's book is helpful, read another! I like his book Healing Back Pain. There are also many other TMS authors whose books have given me insight. You can search on TMS books on this wiki and find many helpful resources.
    There are many wonderful people on this TMS wiki who can guide you during your journey. Simply post, and people will respond.
    Good Luck!

3. Emily

Emily Peer Supporter

Hi Farhan, Welcome to the TMS community. One of the first (and most important steps) in the TMS Recovery Process is simply learning about TMS. Dr. Sarno says, “The information provided is the “penicillin” for this disorder.” You seem to be on the right track here...it is great that you have already found Dr. Sarno's books and this TMS Wiki! As Gigi suggested, the Structured Educational Program is a wonderful, and very organized, way to learn about TMS and start to explore your personal relationship with TMS. Also, Alan Gordon's Recovery Program is a wonderful way to learn about mind-body disorders and the connections between your emotions and physical well-being.

Wishing you all the best as you continue to learn about TMS. Hope to see you around the forum :)
    Emily

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Somatization and TMS are very similar. The only difference is how the treatments are approached. With TMS your symptoms are benign meaning that you do not need to take anything in order to recover. This is why education is so helpful. By gaining knowledge about the mind body process we can overcome our doubts and begin to truly accept that our symptoms are benign. The Divided Mind is terrific book. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.