1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Finding TMS Treatment in NYC

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bkenny01, May 14, 2015.

1. bkenny01

bkenny01 Newcomer

Hi all,

I'm a 32 year old male who suffers from chronic lower back pain. I live in Queens, NY. I've read the book Healing Back Pain by the great Dr. Sarno, and I know in my heart that I suffer from TMS and should be treated for it. To my knowledge, the only doctor who still treats TMS in NYC is Dr. Ira Rashbaum. However, I was sad to learn that his office does not accept my medical insurance - Medicaid Metroplus. To make matters worse, I cannot afford to pay out-of-pocket, as I was laid off from work last week. And my condition greatly limits my job search and abilities. So I'm here hoping that someone will be able to help me find TMS treatment in NYC, given my current situation. Any help or advice would be SO appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Brian

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you seen the list of TMS practitioners at this sites side-bar?

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Many of us have healed without the help of a TMS doctor.
    I followed the Structured Educational Program, read Sarno and Steve Ozanich
    and the forums on this web site and healed from severe back pain.
    It took a few months, until I totally believed the pain was TMS,
    from repressed emotions going back to when I was seven and my parents divorced.

I urge you to work on your TMS yourself, with help from this web site.

Have you gone to the subforum to ask a web site TMS practitioner for help?
    It's at Ask a TMS Therapist.

5. David88

David88 Well known member

I had a good experience with Dr. Gwozdz in Somerset NJ -- not too far from NYC.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I've also heard really good things about Dr. Gwozdz, and SteveO also highly recommends him.

7. bkenny01

bkenny01 Newcomer

Thank you all for the advice, this very helpful, especially the list of practitioners. I found quite a few in NYC, so I will begin reaching out one by one and hope they accept my insurance. Otherwise, I will follow Walt's advice and treat myself with the help of the resources here. I'm feeling hopeful about this for the first time in a while! Thanks again, so appreciated!

8. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I agree with Walt ……get a proper work up from a MD to make sure there is no organic or structural problems once you are cleared you have your diagnosis of TMS and know move on to the SEP and then STEVE O book. buy far the best TMS book out there hands down.