1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

need advice feeling stuck

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by beccaboo, Sep 25, 2018.

1. beccaboo

beccaboo New Member

im 6 weeks pregnant, until I started getting pregnancy symptom's I had reached near recovery from millions of symptoms, the worst was the pain, I had managed to get it from all over my body to just my hands and arms at times, since being pregnant im very unwell with lots of pregnancy symptoms and am having to rest all day, I find resting is not good for me as that's when I feel my pain, but im too unwell to do anything to distract my mind from the pain, normally I would be busy all day, now im on the sofa or in bed and I can feel myself panicing, I really don't know how to get a grip on it, I feel like the fear of the pregnancy is too making the pain worse. any advice plzzzzzzz xx

2. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

I just went through a pregnancy. I was worried all the time. I couldn’t take any medication, which was probably a good thing anyway. I had conquered my tension headaches 2 years ago with he TMS program but also had a history of pain in my sacrum and tailbone. During my pregnancy I experienced crippling hip pain that I don’t believe was TMS. I got a memory foam mattress that helped but I stayed in bed most of my pregnancy. Well, not in, but on. It was the most comfortable spot for me. Plus I experienced a bleed in which I thought I lost the baby so I was scared to do much.
    Please try not to be afraid of the pregnancy. At some point, the hormones kicked in and I felt so happy. Get out of the house once you start showing. I enjoyed the attention as well. I really enjoyed being pregnant despite my fear of and experiences of hip pain. Not much was expected of me, which helped and I concentrated on the simple joys in my life. Like eating sweets and positive attention. My baby is 3 months old now and I’m currently struggling with back pain and opioid withdrawal. But I’m back to the TMS forum for support to get through this. I have fear too. But we can get through this. I did once before. You can too!

JanAtheCPA likes this.